cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing IDM on Oracle XE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install IDM on Oracle XEas a POC andI have the problem that I do not know how to configure the SID to remain fixed for the dispatchers. I am getting the whole time the following error:

Exception: Listener refused the connection with the following error:

ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry in my frustration I guess I missed some details...

The oracle xe version is 11g

The OS is Windows 2003 32 bit - I chose this in case 32 bit was needed...

I am using the SP 7 version of IDM 7.1 although I dont think that is my problem. I just cannot get the dispatcher to connect to Oracle.

I am using ojdbc6.jar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard,

As I recall XE means it's the light edition of Oracle.  I'd suggest downloading an evaluation copy of the full blown Oracle.  You'll also need the Oracle Client.  to make sure that everything works as smoothly as possible, I'd recommend using the 32 bit version.

Both Oracle 10 and 11 are supported, I don't believe that any version of XE is in the IDM PAM.

Hope this helps

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Well actually XE is supposed to be the developer version limited in size to 11GB and without some of the tools a la MSSQL express which I have no problem installing on. But there does appear to be some "critical" tools missing...

It appears that what you are saying is, it is not tested and not approved. I was using the 32 bit versions even built a 32 bit server to make sure that was not the problem.

I am left now not knowing whether to jump from the next bridge or drink myself silly!

Thanks for your answer - I will give it one last shot before seeing how I can get a demo version of Oracle... After all I only need it to test that I can make it work on Oracle with some bespoke scripts...

Very best

Richard

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard,

That's pretty much the case.  Eval versions can be downloaded fairly easily from Oracle.

Are you committed to using Oracle?  I've noticed over the years that IDM works a little more smoothly on SQL Server and most documentation/tutorials are SQL Server based.  I've also noticed that Oracle seems to require more "DBA" type support, but that might just be due to my Oracle skill level.

Drinking never hurts when working with IDM, just do so responsibly! 

Matt