Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Builder should not show WBS elements

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have implemented an additional authorization check for WBS elements (EXIT_SAPLCNAU_002, enhancement CNEX0002).

Basically it works. Unauthorized users cannot display the data for WBS elements if they are not authorized. However, they can still SEE the WBS elements. The WBS elements are displayed in red in the tree to the left and they can still be expanded to see the sub-elements below.

Is this standard behaviour? Can it be prevented?

Thanks in advance

Roland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, if you configure  Access Control List ACL (With Inh) in Project profile will solve your issue. Please check.

Regards....

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

That would probablywork, but activating ACL is a bit too much for this issue. Thanks for the hint though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

When you say that the WBS elements can be seen i red and the hierarchy below it can be expanded, do you mean users can see the details for the expanded hierarchy? I don't think so. All the WBS elements would be shown in Red.

Note that this is normal and standard behavior of the system. How does it matter if a user is able to see the name of the WBS? I believe your main aim is to prohibit certain users from seeing the WBS details, which is think is satisfied after you implemented that user exit.

Regards,

Gokul

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

This is correct, the users cannot see the details of the WBS elements, but they can see the hierarchy below (including other WBS elements and networks).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roland Spindler wrote:

This is correct, the users cannot see the details of the WBS elements, but they can see the hierarchy below (including other WBS elements and networks).

Fine. How does that matter? I mean, it would be better if you could give a valid reason as to why the users should not even be able to see the hierarchy of the project.

Is the user able to see the details of the hierarchy below i.e. details of the WBS elements and network in hierarchy below? Or is the entire project structure being displayed in red colored text?

Explain your issue and your requirement in a more clear manner and maybe we would be able to help you out.

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

The users can see everything in red (provided that the user exists are implemented correctly).

As for why this matters: The customer does not like it and you know - the customer is king.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roland Spindler wrote:

The users can see everything in red (provided that the user exists are implemented correctly).

As for why this matters: The customer does not like it and you know - the customer is king.

As far as your 1st point is concerned, being a consultant it is your responsibility to ensure that the user exits, if at all you wish to implement them, are implemented correctly. There cant be any excuse for non- effective implementation of the user exit.

Secondly, i agree to the point that customer is king. However, note that you are the consultant and it is part of your duty to explain to the customer that even though users can see the hierarchy, they wont be able to do any sort of changes to the project structure unless and until they are authorized to do so.

Finally, since you say that the customer does not like it you may want to look at the possibility of implementing the functionality of ACL. Implementing ACL would ensure that user is not able to see anything in the structure except the ones that he has authorization for.

Its entirely based on choice now. Either you talk to your customer and let him know that there are no adverse effects of the user being able to see the project structure or deciding whether ACL is really too much to implement for this issue, considering the likes and dislikes of your customer.

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know how I made the impression that the user exits are not implemented correctly. Why do you assume that I made a mistake?

I just asked why the user sees the project structure, if he is not authorized to display the elements. You don't have to explain the duties of a consultant to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

I'll try not to get offended by you calling me a novice.

There is no need for you to spend any more time on this issue.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note that this is normal and standard behavior of the system.

Did you read this statement in the very first post that i made in this thread? Do you notice the word "standard" here?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

You need to activate Enhancement Pack 4, which is the first item in the IMG, tcode: SFW5. Then Enterprise Business Function -> OPS_PS_CI_1. After that you'll see the 3 ACL radio buttons in the Project Profile Config OPSA.Kindly take help from your basis team. hope it will solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards

SULABH GUPTA

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is standard functionality that it shows in red colour. I wil try to explain it with below example.

Project - A-100

WBS - A-100

A-100.1

A-100.1.1

now lets say that the user has authorization to display A-100.1.1 alone and not other WBS, If he tries to open the project in project builder, the system will show A-100, A-100.1 WBSE in red colour only. It is made to show that the A-100.1.1 is not a parent WBS Element or a individual WBSE but its a part of heirarchy and it has some superior WBSE to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one thing, discuss with your Basis team and find out which role authorizes to display view to CJ20N, CJ03 etc.  Then take off that role from those users. Generally any one does not have an authorization, objects will be displayed in red color. this is what I too noticed in my system. This is the standard behaviour.

Can you let me know what is the idea behind implementing user exit?

Regards,

Sudhakar

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhakar,

1) I have developed a new authorization object myself, so there is no need to talk to basis team.

2) The users do not have the Display authorization. They cannot see the WBS data, which is correct, but they can see a red node for each WBS element and each object below, which is not correct.

3) The user exist was implemented, because standard authorization objects did not meet our requirements.

kind regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

I am not with your statement that Standard authorization objects does not support to meet your requirements.

from your post I can see something is missing in your new developed authorization roles and hence showing those WBS elements in Red color. Please discuss with your basis team and find out what is missing your new developed role and add those objects.

I wish to reiterate that there are standard authorization objects which prohibit display of WBs elements. I don't remembe right now. You can search in forum you will defintely get a solution.

Let others also speak on this one.

Regards,

Sudhakar

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

I am aware that there are standard authorization objects for WBS element. However, they do not contain the fields that we need (which are Z-fields, just for your information).

The problem is not how we implemented the exit. The problem is that dis-allowing a user to display WBS elements does not remove them from the tree in Project Builder.

Roland