cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict KF entry using DET_LEVEL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the below scenario-

KF1- Region Head update

KF2- Sales promotion- to be entered by each region head for his region

KF3- Region Hd Update with promo = KF1 + (KF1 x KF2/100)

The sales promotion should be entered for a particular region only, i.e. sales promotion KF should not be editable at a Region = Total level.

Now consider the below situation

Region = NorthRegion = SouthRegion = Total
Region Hd udt = 100Region Hd updt = 100Region Hd updt= 200
Sales Promotion (%)= 50Sales promotion(%) = 20Sales promotion(%) = 50+20 = 70
Region hd upd with promo = 150Region Hd update with promo = 120Region Hd updt with promo = 200 x 1.7 = 340

In the above situation, the value for Region Hd updt with promo should have been 150 + 120 = 270. However since the Sales promotion (percentage values) are also getting aggregated we are getting a false result.

The intention is, at the Region = Total level, Region Hd update & Sales promotion KFs should be hidden and Region Hd update with promo should be reflected there, which will be aggregate of the values at Region = North + Region = South.

In order to achieve this, I am using the below macro with DET_LEVEL function. However, still not getting the results.

Need your suggestion to achieve this.

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

some comments below:

- I would move the CELL_INPUT( 1 ) to the "Promotion Calculation" step, for performance reasons (not critical though)

- I would add an ELSE clause, so if the Check Level condition is not fulfilled, you add CELL_INPUT( 0 ) and close the row, which is what you really want, right?

- I would ensure that the whole macro is executed at all levels (double-click on the header of the macro)

- are you assigning CELL_INPUT( 1 ) to the row attributes, or to the row value? (only works for the first case)

an alternative way is to use ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE( 'ZREGION' ) <> '' to prove you are at detailed level with respect to ZREGION.

regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Working close to the desired. Just that I need to stop the aggregation of KF 'Sales Promotion'

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just closed it.

Regards

Manotosh