cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman_setup, solman_workcenter ...etc doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We have problem with starting webdynpro based appliactions. After update SOLMAN 7.1 to SP6 on demo system, We doesn't load initial screen of solman_setup and solman_workcenter (sm_workcenter). We downloaded and applied newest SNOTES (according to 1722332), but still doesn't work. A few times load login screen in mozilla browser, but button for login are disabled and loading took to long as well as in IE. We tried IE versions 6 - 9 and still nothing. Web Dynpro services in SICF are ok. FQDN is correct - initial screen http://s1pc00.company.corp:8000 load right.

We tried use DDIC user and other user with important roles (see attachments).

Can anyone help us please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

gururaj_srinivasa
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you able to execute 'Solman_Setup' from another desktop?

Please verify the scripting of JAVA applets is enabled.

1. On the Tools dropdown menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.

2. Click on the earth "Internet" icon, and then the Custom Level button.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings list, and locate the section named Scripting.

4. Under the subsection Active Scripting, click Enable.Click OK.

5. Answer Yes to the confirm box that pops up. Click OK.

6. Click the 'Back' button at the top of your browser window, and then click 'Refresh'.

If the above doesn't resolve the issue, please involve a Local IT colleague who can help you maintain the IE settings to allow Java Script Let us know if you face the same issue even after maintaining the settings,

Thanks.

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this set corretly. Even I tried IE 6,7,8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try with firefox , recently we had such issue with portal. IE 9 didnt work, only firefox able to show all tabs.

And if this is not the case, i suggest you.

1. set the parameter icm/host_name_full  with full host name

2. please do add the solman host on your local etc/host file. ( windows -> run-> type "drivers" -> etc-> host)

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We try even firefox and chrome. In /windows/system32/drivers/etc/host we added DNS record at the beginning of problem.

I wil send other observations after update CR/Cim.

gururaj_srinivasa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

Actually SOLAMN_SETUP need the Full Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) as well as SSO need a FQDN in order to work. As you have already maintained FQDN, just make sure FQDN is resolved by DNS at your PC, you could add the FQDN into the 'hosts' file in your PC as a workaround.

On Windows this file is stored in path:

\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. Load the file with notepad, and add a new entry like:

<IP Address> <hostname>

Also Check on transaction SICF and the services are active, according tonote 834832, and checked note 529793 for IE Settings.

In order to re-deploy the MIME objects on your own, proceed as follows

(1) Run report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES and choose command "Force MIME

deployment".

(2) Clear the server cache in transaction SMICM via menu entry

Goto > HTTP Plug-in > Server Cache > Invalidate Globally

(3) Clear the browser cache.

Retest the solman_setup and let us know the outcome, thanks.

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course I wrote  what i have done in my first post. Services in SICF and FQDN are ok. Now I upgrade SAP CR Content in SLD. We will wait for the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First I got pop_up with javascript error ur_relax has value NULL and UCF_DomUtil is Undefined. When I extend the respond time (in SMICM), I had to wait long time and after few minutes I got massage Server connection is available (see attachments).

Profiles are set correctly - controled by Notes and productive system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

Please give a try and check report from this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1441605

You need to run the report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES and

choose Deploy MIMEs

BR

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have done this recently and still nothing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First adjust parameters a/c to SAP Note 1582842 and configuration guide available for sp6 at wiki@ sdn.

It takes times and many time execution of webdynpros as they complied.

You need to do browser settings.

You need to maintain hostname entry in hosts file(windows).

Still any issue post some logs or error messages.

Regards,

Ishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Strakos,

Please try this, copy roles started with SAP_SMWORK*  to ZSAP_SMWORK* next  generate the profiles in SUPC for the already copied Z roles and assign them to your user.

Please attach also the error screen or screen with the disabled logon button to better understand the problem.

BR,

SAPfan