cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DistMon and parallel_index_import parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I'm converting to unicode a 47 Ent system of 1,7 TB  on Oracle using  DistMon.

As I noticed very long runtime  during the Import phase for one index (more than 20 hours) I tryed to use the parallel_index_import parameter, adding it to the distribution_monitor_cmd.properties and filling the parallel_index.txt file.

Now this index is created in less than 10 hours, and this should be enough for me, but I like to check the DistMOn is doing what I want.

So I checked the import log of this package and nowhere is written the R3load is using the parallel_index_creation, and I see also the DDLORA.TPL template  is used, and this is very stange because I was expecting to find the DDLORA_LRG.TPL , as for DistMOn documentation.

The DLLORA_LRG.TPL exist in several places under the COMDIR directory,  as it has been created from R3ldctl.

So I'm quite confused because the index creation time is clearly reduced , but I'm not able to find a clear  "evidence" of the usage of parallel index creation.

What I'm wrong ?

REgards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the V$session Oracle Dynamic view while index creation in progress. Also check SAP<Package>.log on the DistMon node import directory.

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback.

Here the checks I did about the index ZMILX_LOTTI_S__DT :

In V$SESSION :

SAPSR3(25,2361) ospid = 5791 program = R3load@qpq2ci02 (TNS V1-V3)

Thursday  11:51  Thursday  12:02 SQL#=2022334023

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "ZMILX_LOTTI_S~0" ON "ZMILX_LOTTI_S" ( "MANDT",

"SESSIONE_REPER", "PROGR_KEY", "CUSTOMER_ID", "LOT_ID" ) TABLESPACE PSAPSR3

STORAGE (INITIAL 0000000016K NEXT 0000010240K MINEXTENTS 0000000001 MAXEXTENTS

2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 )

The import log is :

/exe_uc/R3load -ctf I /SERVER1/DATA/ZMILX_LOTTI_S.STR /SERVER1/importInstallDir/DDLORA.TPL ZMILX_LOTTI_S__DT.TSK ORA -l ZMILX_LOTTI_S__DT.log -o DT

So as I expected the DistMon it's not using the Parallel_index_import settings.

The file /dm_work/distribution_monitor_cmd.propeties (and the import_cmd.properties too) contains the entry :

parallel_index.txt=parallel_index.txt

and the file contains among others the entry :

ZMILX_LOTTI_S

So why the DistMon is not creating the index in parallel as expected ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The time was reduced during import because we improved the hardware, and was not due to the parallel_index_import.

I need to use the parallel_index_import, otherwise the import phase it's going to take too much time.

Why it's not used despite the configuration is done according the DIstMon documentation ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe I found the problem.

The DistMon guide says to set the option parallel_index_import as

parallel_index_import=file

that's different from what I did.

So I'm doing a new test import from the beginning.

Regards