cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing a problem in material determination. What I trying to do is I create a Sales contract first and with reference to the contract I create a sales order and I want the material determination to take place at the sales order level based on the Material, Plant & Sales document type combination (Sales document type; I select while creating the sales order & material is copied from sales contract, Plant is entered in the sales order at item level).

Here the issue I am facing is that the system is not identifying the material entered. This might be because the line item is copied from the contract.

Kindly put some light on this.

Regards,  Anand.k

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

Are you maintaining Plant in the Sales Contract at Line Item so that it gets copied to Sales Order. Material Determination is not getting redetermined in the Sales Order. Try the following.

1) Maintain the Plant in the Sales Contract so that it copied to Sales Order and Material is determined

2) Set the Default Plant in the Material Master so that plant is getting copied.

3) Maintain the Condition Type based on Sales Org rather than the Plant

With Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

I think this has solved my problem.

This all started with this issue I have mentioned below,

"we had four plants initailly, and the material code was the same across all the plants, recently one new plant came up and instead of extending the same material code to this new plant, we have generated a new material code and also many transactions are carried out now.

Example: material codes for material 'A' is 10001 in the plant A1, A2, A3, A4 and in the new plant A5 for material 'A' the material code is 10010. Now material 10001 & 10010 are both same but only the codes are different.

issues that the user is facing,

1. When a sales contract is to be created for material 'A', the user has to enter two line items 10001 & 10010 for the same material 'A'. At the time of the  generation of the contract the user is not sure from which of the 5 plants the material 'A' will dispatched.

if the contract is signed for 100 tons for material 'A', the user has to enter two line items for the material 'A' as the codes have been created with different material codes in different plants. 

Line item 10. 10001

Line item 20. 10010

Any quantity entered against the line item will be wrong because the user is not sure from which plant it will be dispacted eventually to the customer"

To avoid this what I have done is

As you have said I tried maintaining the condition record based on the table Material entered/Sales org/Sales document type (I removed the plant). When I did this it started determining the material.

I cannot maintain the plant in the Contract line item because this is what the user does not want. So what i have done now is that I have maintained the material from the contract also as a substitute so that the user will select which ever code he wants and in the sales order he will add the plant. So this will solve his issue.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Rishikesh G Kulkarni

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe in Material Determination you ar using the Material Entered (MATWA) Field. Instead of that try using Material (MATNR) field in your Material Determination Condition Table.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

thanks for the response, I tried that option and still it is not determining the substitute material.

Best Regards,

Anand.k

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I hope during contract creation material determination is working fine. Now, during Contract > SODS procedure ,material determination should be triggered by the material entered in the line item of the sales order.

You can carry out new Material determination/Product selection by copy cotrol configuration when creating with reference.

For your scenario of creating SO with reference to Contract the "product selection field should be blank" at item level copy control.

Blank --> Carry out new product selection

A --> Copy result of product selection

B --> like A, but the product selection is never cancelled afterwards

C --> Reserve.

Also check if the condition records for material determination are valid in transaction VB12

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

I have tried that option which you have mentioned. But still it is not working.

Best Regards,

Anand.k