cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create pdf from reports iView in VC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a certain iView which presents a few BI reports in VC.

Is it possible to add to it a button or a link that by pressing on it will generate a pdf file with these reports so the client can download?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the Visual Composer WIKI:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Exportingdatafrom+VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mario BUT:

"This guide focuses on exporting data from tables, not the entire contents of the model, such as charts."

I need chats as well

In face what I need is this: The iView contains a lot of reports, what I need is just to create a "screenshot of the page and create a pdf out of it.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i select System action "export data", in parameters, i can see "export screen" option.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sooraj,

Can you please elaborate where exactly do you see it?

Thanks,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh I see what you mean, I have created such button but when I press it it doen't do anything...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can paste data into a microsoft word document. But the chart is not pasted. instead data in all components in the particular iview (including table data and chart data) is coiped into clipboard.

Only, the category axis, value axis and data series fields are copied and can be pasted into excel. May be you can use an excel macro to make the chart with the data.

Try another method

For the button, give system action "print" with parameter "print screen".

The whole screen is printed to printer including chart(correctly displayed). You can redirect the print to a file. But i have no idea, what is the format of the print. may be you can try some picture viewers or do a google search for that

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks I'll try that as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

in my opinion it's only possible to create a pdf-file on the client-side.

You can add a button to your model with the system command "print". This command uses the browsers print functionality. So, if you have a pdf-printer installed on your client, you can export your iView as pdf.

Best regards

Martin