Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Block increase Commitment

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

if i simply block a PO does it increase Commitment

what are the measures once created PO then want to cancel it by some means to increase the commit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

What is the background? What is the scenario or requirement?

If you cancel your PO, your external commitment gets reduced.

Unless we understand your requirement clearly, it would be difficult to give you any advise.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

which are status of PO will left the commitment it has during creation.

i am asking whether blokc will do or some other status

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I have understood your requirement, you want to say that, "you have created a PO & part of it is already executed. Now you want cancel/ block the remaining quantity."

With above presumption: If you block your PO, that wont reduce the commitment. You can cancel remaining quantity in that PO to reduce the commitment.

I hope this helps you. If my understanding is wrong,then correct me.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

what happens to pr then against which PO is created

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my previous reply I was presuming that you might have more than one line items in the PO.

If you have only one line item, say for example delivery  of 100 quantity. You have already received 50. At this stage, you make delivery complete (you need to set that indicator in the PO) and the commitment automatically gets cancelled for the remaining 50 quantity.

I hope you are clear now.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In Addition to Amaresh's reply of selecting the check box of "delivery completed", you also check for "Final Invoice" check box under Invoice tab of PO.

Also , if it is service PO then make the "Final Entry" field/icon selected in service entry sheet (ML81N).

Regards

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member384980
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi john,

if a part of PO is executed and you don't need the remaing part to be executed and want to reduce the commitment value for the remaining part then you have change the po status to delivery completed.

Regards

Deepak