Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDocs missing in PI

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are facing an issue with idocs missing in PI...there are nearly 500 idocs missing..these have been succesfully sent from ECC side(status in green)..

But these idocs have not reached PI.....I see no issue wit the QUEUES and also no error in SM58....not sure where this idocs have gone?

any valuable suggestion please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

Check in the Configuration sceanrio and click on the Business system i.e. ECC system and on that check adapter specific attribute and see where there the port and SID of your business system is assigned if not just assigned the business system manually if you are doing import of sceanrio

Second problem can be of logical system you have created the logical system and assigned then IDOC metadata is loaded in PI IDX2 and port is created for your ECC system in PI system check IDX1

This will work as I also has faced issue like you

Thanks & Regards

Shahin Maknojia

+91-9773571823

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anymore valuable suggestion please

thanks

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you check any network or security issue at that time?

try to resend..

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan

There were no network/security issues..even if there was any, it should have failed somewhere or given some indication, right? i am not getting where this idocs are missing

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You checked SM58 (for * user) on both ECC side as well as PI side?

Is there a pattern to your missing IDOCs? (e.g. a block of time or certain message type)

Might anyone have been changing the hostname information in the RFC Destination?

Do you have any sort of failover setup? (e.g. some messages diverted to another system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

In case you are sending these IDocs in bulk or via background Job, chances are that you would not see these IDocs in WE02 or IDX5 in SAP PI. I would suggest checking the message processing in sxmb_moni and verify whether they have been processed or not.

Best luck,

V J

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

HI VJ,

Thanks for your reply.

we are checking the same as you told...every idoc in ECC is generating a message in PI...but the count is missing in moni...and also we cannot track the missing idocs as it is not coming in IDX5..

I also checked the port of both succcesful and missing idoc...both have the samee details..queuues are uptodate....no error in SM58..

anymore valuable suggestion please

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

When you say status in  Green  . are they in Status =12 . Do check and let know  what status its showing  at ECC Side . And also let me know are those Outbound or Inbound Idocs .

Regards,

Aziz khan

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The status is "3"..succesfully delivered.

we have nearly 3700 idocs of this state in ECC...all of them have "3" status...but only 3200 have reached PI...around 500 are missing.

regards

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This is really strange...Perform a cache refresh. Ask basis to perform health check of the PI systems.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

Status '03' for the outbound IDoc in ECC only means that it was successfully sent (dispatched) from ALE layer to the respective port, but this doesn't mean that the IDoc was successfully sent out on the communication layer (e.g. via tRFC/qRFC) and that it was received by the receiver partner.

You wrote earlier:

But these idocs have not reached PI.....I see no issue wit the QUEUES and also no error in SM58....not sure where this idocs have gone?

Did you mean you check tRFC/qRFC in ECC or PI? Please note that here, I would propose to firstly check ECC, not PI. Thus, it is recommended to chek tx. SM58 (if IDocs are non-serialized - EO) or tx. SMQ1 (if IDocs are serialized - EOIO).

You can also run tx. BD75 to update outbound IDocs status in case they were successfully sent to the receiver partner on communication level (in this case, such IDocs will get status '12', otherwise - if there was an error in communication layer - the corresponding IDoc will remain in status '03'). In case of error, further analysis should be done checking tx. SM58 or tx. SMQ1 in ECC (depending on QoS of the IDoc scenario - serialized or non-serialized).

Regards,

Vadim

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

In we02 transaction in ECC side find out same idocs which were delivered in past to SAP-PI.

Go to their control segment. Check out details of partner namely port, partner number and partner type.

Now tally these details with the idocs which did not reach SAP-PI.As you you have pointed out that all idocs are in status 03 thus I hope everything including port configuration is ok in ECC side. In PI side try checking for all inbound idoc in idx5 transaction. Check with idoc numbers which were outbound from ECC side. Finally check  smq2 transaction for messages in queue http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/76/e12041c877f623e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Anupam