cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undeploy empty SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running SAP NetWeaver AS Java 7.30 and have a number of software components (SCs) that are empty, i.e. they contain no DCs. This is because the DCs have been deleted or moved to another SC. The empty SCs are still visible in NWA > System Information > Components Info.

I need to undeploy these empty SCs. How can I do this? There is no SDM since we are on 7.30. I have tried undeploying these SCs from the deployment perspective in NWDS. There I can undeploy non-empty SCs but when I try to undeploy empty SCs I get some errors and the SC is not undeployed. This is what I do:

In the deployment perspective I right-click the empty SC and select "Add to Undeployment List". The SC is added to the list. I then click start and OK in the confirmation popup. Then I get the following error message in two different popups:

Undeploy completed with errors

[ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3410] A UndeployItem cannot be created with version different than null and SL location which is null.

The stack trace of the error is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3410] A UndeployItem cannot be created with version different than null and SL location which is null.

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.undeploy.impl.ScaUndeployItemImpl.<init>(ScaUndeployItemImpl.java:74)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.undeploy.impl.UndeployFactoryImpl.createScaUndeployItem(UndeployFactoryImpl.java:124)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.undeploy.impl.UndeployFactoryImplp4_Skel.dispatch(UndeployFactoryImplp4_Skel.java:258)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:462)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.ServerDispatchImpl.run(ServerDispatchImpl.java:69)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:72)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.execute(P4Message.java:43)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.FCAConnectorImpl.executeRequest(FCAConnectorImpl.java:999)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:59)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.MessageReader.run(MessageReader.java:55)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:101)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:328)

Does anyone know how to undeploy an empty SC in SAP NetWeaver AS Java 7.30?

Regards,

Christoffer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check whether this document can help you

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30858

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same error. Were you able to resolve this issue??

Regards,

Disha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i dont know if it will work in case of empty SC.

Open command window

telnet localhost 50008

undeploy vendor=sap.com name=XXXXXXXX

In releases based on SAP NetWeaver 7.x, use JSPM or telnet for deploying the Servlet, and use the telnet for removing the Servlet.

The telnet command for removal of the Servlet is:

UNDEPLOY name= <application_id> vendor=<sap.com> on_undeploy_error=stop

Can you deploy that SC and then run the below command and undeploy it completely.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

We used the same commands as mentioned by you and it works for empty SCA's as well.

Regards,

Disha