cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms do not print with correct special characters, e.g. ### prints instead of Russian characters. What can be done to resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SmartForms do not print with correct special characters,e.g. ### prints instead of Russian characters. What can be done to resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Komal,

Have you checked  whether the printer device type is set for printing Unicode/Russian characters?. ( you could check this in Tcode SPAD ). I had faced similar issues long back in printing Thai characters, wherein the Print preview would have '#' instead of the actual thai character. I changed the device type for the printer to THSAPWIN, which has the code page for printing Thai characters. I dont know the code page for printing hungarian/Russian characters. But , setting the device type with an Unicode code page (either your custom Z device type ) or using SWINCF might solve the issue.

You could check the code page for the device type in table TSP0A.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Komal,

You need to install the Russian language pack in your local machine. In addition, please check if there is any Russian Codepage and language pack installed in SAP System. If not, you can ask the BASIS team to install the same. If your system is Unicode, then the local machine language pack is important.

Installing the language pack may help you in print preview getting correct display of characters, but to get the same thing printed, you will have to configure an explicit printer in SAP, maybe of type SWIN, which prints Japaneese, Chineese, Korean, Russian or Arabic characters. The Basis team will know the same and you have to use that printer to print the document with Russian characters.

Regards,

Hardik Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

Please check with your Basis team if Russian Characters are installed in your SAP Server.

I have similar problem with Thai Characters.

In print preview it shows correct but when you'll take out the print it will converted if Thai chars are not installed

Regards...

Sultana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sultana,

The error is there in the print preview also, and our basis team tells me that Russian/Hungarian Characters are installed on our SAP Server.

Regards,

Komal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

Have you checked the Font that you are using in Smart Style?

What output device type are you using?  See if that output device supports Russian Character.

Also check the device type associated with the Output Device.

You can check the output device/Device type details in tcode SPAT.

Regards...

Sultana

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

Check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3248028

Hope it helps

All you need to do here is to check for the printer configurations

Rgds,

sandeep Katoch