SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update profile in FM-BCS

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

I have a question regarding update profile in FM-BCS. Link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/f0/ca3eb4260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm is not clearing my concepts. Its our client requirement that if a PO creates commitments in year 2011 and its GRN,Invoice or payment is done in year 21012 , then budget of 2011 should be consumed. Currently i have update profile 102 assigned.

I just tested a scenario and things not working for me. I have created a PO on December 1st 2011. I had its budget posted in 2011 for the relevant FC/CI. In report FMRP_RW_BUDCON for year 2011 i can see commitment created for this PO , now when i post good receipts in 2012 in January , system consumed budget of 2012 , not of 2011. Please guide me how to overcome this issue. We are using payment budgets.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aitf,

Nothing can be done for this. Why don't you carry-forward your PO with the budget to 2012? In this case, 'fresh' budget of 2012 will be untouched, and GR will reduce the commitment of PO and won't consume budget as well.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aitf,

Nothing can be done for this. Why don't you carry-forward your PO with the budget to 2012? In this case, 'fresh' budget of 2012 will be untouched, and GR will reduce the commitment of PO and won't consume budget as well.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli, I have the same problem, but do not understand the explanation

What procedure to be followed?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello Augusto.

Eli said that you must run FMJ2.

That will carry-forward your PO with the budget  to next year.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi:

I am facing error in FMJ2. I had not yet configured Closing operations for FM but now i have done settings for all value types and activated commitment item carry forward process. I have assigned Carr Fwd Send to Budget Type ZCRF & Carry Fwd Recv to Budget type ZREC but i am getting error in FMJ2

Error screen has been attached.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign budget type to the process: IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - Budgeting - Basic Settings - Definition of Budget Data - Budget Types - Assign Budget Types to Processes (Mass Maintenance)

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

As you can see i have already assigned it.

But still i am facing the error.

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you check the error message and your settings, you'll see that it's different: error is for ZCFR for receiver and your setting for ZCRF is for sending. By the way, there is no real need to define different budget types for carry-forward, unless you want to base some funcitonal business processes on this info.

0 Kudos

H Eli:

Thanks now i have created one document type for carry over and have assigned both processes and assigned it to the status . Then the issue got resolved , now FMJ2 is carrying forward budget to next year. Now situation and issue is

Budget for FCI/CI was 10000 out of which PO commitment of 6000 raised and carried forward to next year 2013.

In 2013 new budget for this particular combination was 250000 , before commitment carry forward consumed amount in 2013 was 25000, as soon as commitment of 6000 was carried forward , consumption increased to 31000. Its ok but client does not want this because if in case at the time of IR there are some extra costs that pertained to PO ,then budget of current budget will also start getting consumed. Please advise. Can it be controlled through update profile ?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

That's perfectly OK and standard. Your client can always distinguish in the reports the consumption which origins from this year and that which was carried-forward.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Issue is not of reporting now, issue is if  for the carried forward PO commitment of 6000 , later on some extra cost ,other than 6000 for this PO are found and they are included in MIRO , they will reduce the current year budget.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Commitment of 6K came with the equal amount of budget, so I don't see any problem...

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

As i have stated new year budget has been posted also for the carried forward CI/FC combination. Hence any overstatement of PO related cost that is other than 6000 will consume budget of current year. I have tested it .

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, yes, naturally. You cannot consume budget of, say, 2011 with a document posted in 2012. No update profile can work like this.

0 Kudos

Atif, I think you should customize the ABP for these changes, with this functionality the budget can be increased/decreased based on the commitment modification and you can select the amount type that you need to influence by setting a derivation strategy, in your case probably amount type 0500.

Check the IMG under:

Funds Management Government -> Closing Operations -> Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS) -> Set Up Automatic Budget Postings After Fiscal Year Change

Best regards

César

0 Kudos

Hi Cesar:

Thanks for guidance. I am working on the same thing. Can you please guide me how to define derivation strategy for ABP so that any over consumption in the commitment budget carried forward can cause previous year budget to reduce. I want to know what should be the target fields and source fields.

Please note that we have Grants Management -GTE activated.

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion, ABP cannot be helpful in this matter.