cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Map scenario (Turnkey Projects)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my project they want to do Turnkey Projects(Everything Outsourced including material and services).i suggest to them as creare an project with project definition and top level WBS and an N/W header.For that N/W header create an service Activity and mention the cost against the cost element.

Is this solution given by me is correct?Pls suggest.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Please refer below thread which was discussed in scn for similar querry.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/886961

Regards

Tushar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Besides using sevice activity, you can also explore other options as mentioned below.

1. Create material with Item Category DIEN (Service Material) with Individual/collective Indicator as 1. Procurement type F which reults in creating a PR > PO. Rest of the process you know. Note that this is be assigned to Inerna Activity of NWA (this NWA should be activity assigned network header). This is an laternative option instead of using service activity.

2. Other option would be create General Costs activity so that you can maintain planned costs for that services. Using user exit CNEX0008 (i guess) you can assign Service material which results in PR > PR and rest of the process you know.

Why I am suggesting you to create General costs activity with planned costs, when you create general service costs with planned cost, this will let you know what is your total planned costs is going to be spent against Services. This is at the initial level and this could be your lumpsum amount.

Let me explain you here,

2.1 Total Services costs planned say - $1,000,000.00

This amount would be utilized for several services.

2.2 Created Service Material for XXX created and assigned with value of $25,000.00

when you assign the is component to activity, reduce the $25,000.00 on the General costs activity.

By doing so, your total planned cost will remain same because material price should not append total planned cost.

2.3 keep adding the service materials and finally when you assign all the service material components to an activity, planned costs at activity would be ZERO or $1 and your total planned costs from material is summarized to initial total plan value.

Hope this make sense. Am I made it very clumsy and provided nasty solution!!!. hope not.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dawood,

At a broad level your understanding is correct. But you understand their current project structure and based on that advise them how they can map it in SAP. To make their life simpler, you can create some master data for them.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal