cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to do Zebra Printing in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement is divided into 2 parts:

-          1.) Write the data in a spool in Zebra language.

-          2.) Print the spool in a Zebra printer (which will read the Zebra code). I searched over this forum for Zebra Printing. All of them are associated with SAP scripts of smart forms. I am looking for sample code and some SAP documents for integrating Zebra printer with SAP development.

C         Can you please brief me with the different ways of  Zebra Printing using SAP alongwith sample code (if possible)?

I Iii

Ip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers. They are not helpful in my case.

I have to write data in ZEBRA language in a SPOOL.  I need sample code for integrating Zebra language with SAP. A link or document with a complete flow of data from SAP to Zebra printer will be very helpful.

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recently I have the same requirement.

We are using BarTender software with ZEBRA printers.

This software have a module called commander which can intercept incoming files to a
folder on the network.

From SAP I am creating two files:

- Trigger file : the comander intercept those file by name pattern .
I create a file by the name Bar_0187132922_trig.txt (the number is delivery number)
And I monitor for Bar_*_trig.txt.

This file contain instruction to the BarTender (name & location of the data file,the label to be used etc.)

- Data file : This file contain data to be printer.
It is a simple tab seperator file with the first line used as a header.

For example:

line 1 - matnr <TAB> description
line 2 - 111111 <TAB> my description

The peoples who design the labels at the plant use the first line as a reference
for the data to be printed.

laurent_fournier2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The most easy way to do it is to use a third party software ( ie nicelabel ).

You design the label in the software and export an .itf file. You import the itf file in SAP ( as standard text in SO10) and then copy the text in a sapscript form.

Feel free to ask anything else that you might need.