cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault message even when target application system is down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Scenario is : Proxy to Proxy. i.e. application A to B.

mode : synchronous.

When both application are running, for some issue application B would through an exception and it will go to A as fault. This is possible when B up and running.

How to route a fault message when application B is down.

(My thinking: when B is down , exception wont be raised, then how application A would get the fault. An alternative will be to have alert mechanism but would that trigger a fault message or let me know if there is any alternative).

Thanks,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As Beena said, when the message is not able to reach the target system, it throws an exception if alert configuration is done with System error status.

If you would like to have the status back to Source system, then write a piece of code in PI system to check for the error status messages with respective of the interface. But this is not recommended.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that since it will be an system error (failure to make to the target), how to catch it and where. Can you elaborateon it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You may catch the error in sender proxy class using exception class

CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT.

Please check the link posted earlier:

You distinguish system errors using error codes; these are managed and documented centrally for all systems. The application can display an error message by using the attributes CODE and ERRORTEXT of the exception class.

Regards,

Beena.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

If the target system is down, there will be system error in PI and proxy can catch system errors.

Please check below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/25/a45c3cff8ca92be10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Beena.