cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The URL does not contain full domain specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already installed SAP NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version on a Windows XP Professional Version on a windows virtual machine.  As Network Adapter I used NAT only. Everything went quite smooth so far. When i want to run a Web Dynpro Application the log on Screen appears but after log i get an error message:

Error while processing your query ... The URL does not contain full domain specification

The administrative Data value for URL is:

http://mywinxp:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zz_testdynpro

I know this doesn not fullfill the requirement of FQDN. So i read a lot of blogs here and tried to change the settings of BSP to HTTP/localhost/8000. This doesn’t work. I am able to ping the localhost. Want can i do to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

At first I would encourage you, If you have possibility (windows 7 64bit), to work with version 7.31.

About your question, please go through this document

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2372

From 6th page it describes what you should do. The only thing that is missing in it is to create sso2 ticket. With this you won't be forced to log in everytime you switch to View. This can be done by adding in transaction RZ10

Parameter: icm/create_sso2_ticket      value:2

Parameter: icm/accept_sso2_ticket     value:1

When running SAP on slower maschine you can hit on timeouts. In that case, please also set

Parameter: icm/keep_alive_timeout     value:300 (this value works good for me)

Hope this help

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Marcin,

It's working now.

unfortunately I could not found the version 7.31 Trail. I am very keen on using this with windows 7 64bit.  Are you able to post a link?

Best Regards

Frank

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Web Dynpro uses domain relaxation techniques (which is a good thing), but requires a FQDN for that. If I am not mistaken, the domain should have at least two parts, e.g. mydomain.de. There are local requirements as well, e.g. for the UK it would be three parts with i.e. mydomain.co.uk. The reason for this is that for security reasons a relaxation is not done on the last part only. Otherwise if Web Dynpro would relax the URL on .com only, evil.com (does it exist? ) could get access to the data within the safe internal domain, if for some reason somone included evil.com in a Web Dynpro page.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply. I have do accept the FQDN rules. But what can i don now? Is it possible to install a Loop Back adapter now. An where i can change which settings. At the moment i stuck completely. I think using NAT unstead of a loopback adapter was my basic mistake. Do you agree?

with kind regards

Frank

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

well, honestly as any change to the domain would affect the installation of the server, I do not have a good answer. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable in the server related forums can help you.

Best regards,

Thomas