Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adapters in ABAP stack

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dude,

i just want to make a confirmation. there are four adapters provided by SAP AG that are inside ABAP stack(integration engine). these are:

IDOC, HTTP, XI, WS.

isn't it? i could not find a clear statement on it. most articles just say that IDOC and HTTP are in ABAP stack. very few say that XI adapter and WS adapter are in the integration engine too.

therefore as a conclusion, these four are all inside integration engine. when making the configuration as the sender part, there is no need to create sender agreement in the scenario if the sender part uses any one of these four. isn't it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI 7.1 -  IDOC, HTTP, XI(Proxy) and WS are in ABAP Stack

PI  7.11 - IDOC, HTTP and WS are in ABAP Stack

PI 7.31 Java stack - IDOC, HTTP and XI are in java stack.

Hope that helps.

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks, mate. 

btw, do you mean that in PI 7.31, Idoc can be in java stack while HTTP and XI still in ABAP stack? and where is WS adapter in this version?

i just has a 7.3 PI system on hand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

HTTP Adapter is also available in Java stack of 7.31.    

WS adapter is available with dual stack but does not exist for single stack i.e. on java.

Regards,

Beena.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

What installation option of PI 7.3 is used?

If it is a dual stack installation, then XI and WS adapters are located in ABAP stack, IDoc and HTTP adapters will have two versions available in the system - in ABAP stack (IDoc and HTTP) and in Java stack (IDoc_AAE and HTTP_AAE).

If it is a Java-only installation (e.g. Advanced Adapter Engine Extended), then there will be no adapters located in ABAP stack (since there will be no ABAP stack at all) - meaning that there are no XI and WS adapters, IDoc and HTTP adapters are only available with their Java versions (IDoc_AAE and HTTP_AAE) in such installation.

Regards,

Vadim

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thank you. our system is a dual stack installation.

Answers (0)