Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM17 Security Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using T-Code MM17, is there a way to limit access to mass update MARC Table fields only?  Or to take to a specific field only, example MARC-LGFSB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Yes it is possible but for that you have to make some changes through SU24 for that T-code MM17.

MM17 does not proposes the auth object check for S_TABU_DIS. You have to make this check YES .

Also assign some auth group to the table you want to restrict like MARC and then once you will add the T-code MM17 in any of the role, it will populate the auth. object S_TABU_DIS and you have to put the auth group which you assigned for the table. For activity you can update change or display whatever you want.

Please try this solution and elt me kwno if any problem.

Thanks,

VarunJain

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

what release are you on?

0 Kudos

ECC 6.0 Enhancement Pack 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Yes it is possible but for that you have to make some changes through SU24 for that T-code MM17.

MM17 does not proposes the auth object check for S_TABU_DIS. You have to make this check YES .

Also assign some auth group to the table you want to restrict like MARC and then once you will add the T-code MM17 in any of the role, it will populate the auth. object S_TABU_DIS and you have to put the auth group which you assigned for the table. For activity you can update change or display whatever you want.

Please try this solution and elt me kwno if any problem.

Thanks,

VarunJain

0 Kudos

I thought about adding AO S_TABU_NAM to MM17 using SU24, but I was not sure if that would do the trick.  I have little experience on Auth groups, I did create one a while ago, just have to remember how to do that.

Thanks,

Terry

0 Kudos

Hi terry,

Pls find the link below and it will help you to setup the auth group step by step.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-17023.

After doing this assign that auth group to the tabel and add in SU24 to fix the restriction for MM 17.

Please let me kwno if ay other help required. Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Varun Jain

0 Kudos

That document is for Authorization objects not for authorization groups.

0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Sorry, I forgot this document was for auth. opbject not for auth group.

Please go in the T-code SE54, give the table name and choose the auth. group and then click on create/chane.

You can create the auth, group like this.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Varun Jain

0 Kudos

Thank You so much for your help.