Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Java DCs Broken in NWDI during Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin/All,

We are in a process of migrating the Custom WD Java Components from 7.0 to 7.31

We have NWDI and SLD on 7.0. We have created a new track on NWDI 7.0 for migrating the Custom Components. This new track has all the SC dependencies as 7.31 SCAs and has got a buld variant pointing to sapjavm 6.0.

We have followed the saphelp link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/2f8c4856ab58d5e10000000a421937/frameset.htm for the creation of new track.

Also, we have added the dependent SCs based on SAP Note 1457908. We have also put our Custom SC on the new 7.3 track using the Forward Functionality in Transport Studio in CMS. So, now all out SCs (One Custom and remaining SAP Standard are in Consolidation Tab in Transport Studio in CMS)

After doing the above activity, when we goto CBS, I see that 11 out of 13 DCs in Custom SCA are broken, 3 of 11 broken in sap.com_MOIN_BUILDT, 1 of 5 in sap.com_ESCONF_BUILDT is broken. Because of these broken DCs, I am not able to build the custom DCs. Neither able to migrate them. I am not able to create the project in NWDS 7.3 from the custom DCs because of they being broken. The main reason in the log for the broken DCs in Custom SCA is "USAGE IS FORBIDDEN BY SOFTWARE COMPONENT". Following step 1 and 2 in sap note 1570487 did not help much. I am not able to follow step 3 completely. Can someone guide me?

Can anyone please help me to get rid of these broken DCs and make everything in green in CBS so that I can proceed with the migration from 7.0 to 7.3?

Message was edited by: Shetul Chothani Update: We have resolved the broken DCs for the SAP Standard SCAs sap.com_ESCONF_BUILDT and sap.com_MOIN_BUILDT. Still there are 11 broken DCs remaining in the custom SCA. Help Needed... Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if broken dc in sap sc is fixed, i think you can checkout your project for migration.

have you triggered a build for your sc after fixing the sap SC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jun Wu,

I started with the migration of the custom DCs. As soon as I create the project, the migration wizard comes up... After the migration, all the DCs are built with warnings except couple of them.

Also, the deployment for the already built ones is successful. Now, when I run the application to test it, I get the following class not found exception in all the successfully deployed DCs.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.domain.models.custdc.Bapiret1 ------------------------- Loader Info ------------------------- ClassLoader name: [domain.com/dc~custdc] Loader hash code: 69073c84 Living status: alive Direct parent loaders: [system:Frame] [interface:webservices] [interface:cross] [interface:security] [interface:transactionext] [library:webservices_lib] [library:opensql] [library:jms] [library:ejb20] [service:p4] [service:ejb] [service:servlet_jsp] [sap.com/tc~wd~api] [library:tc~bl~exception~lib] [library:tc~bl~logging~api] Resources: /usr/sap/SID/J00/j2ee/cluster/apps/domain.com/dc~custdc/servlet_jsp/webdynpro/resources/domain.com/dc~custdc/root/WEB-INF/lib/domain.com~dc~custdc.jar

Going to the location and checking the JAR, everything appears fine. Also, the MODELS dc is built and deployed before deploying other ones. Still, the error. Any help/ideas greatly appreciated.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make a restart first

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already made the restart twice. Still no help Jun. Appreciate more helpful suggestions...

Issue seems to be something with the Models DC. We have one models DC having all models and the remaning DCs use it as dependency. I build and deploy the model DC and then build, deploy and run the others where I get this error.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you re-imported the model?

Answers (0)