cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price of fuel changes in every trip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have to customize/implement a requirement which consists of : an employee should enter for each trip(and maybe more than once in a trip) the price of fuel and the number of kilometers.

The amount the employee gets reimbursed is : Nºkilometers*Price of fuel*30%.

How can be this requirement implement?

Could the additional fields of structure ptk10 (like fuel_price..) used for that kind of requirement?

Should i use client screen and structure 9999?

Thank you for your help,

E

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduarda,

I have experienced, when in need to implement features that actually take impact on the settlement (on the amounts etc.) it's a very very tricky and most of the time bad idea.

Considering your approach to enhance/modify ptk10 (if I understood correctly that you want to do that, because I don't see an existent field fuel_price), don't do this. The only structure you should dare enhancing is ptk99, because ptk99 has been explicitely designed for the customer to make alterations. The reason for my recommendation is, each alteration of the ptk**-structures take direct impact on the cluster TE, this means, in case you make an enhancement in ptk10 and SAP patches this structure in a SP, all your data will be inconsistent. With ptk99, this risk is more minimal.

If I was in your position and had this requirement, I would try everything to reproduce this requirement over customizing settings.

May I ask what System and what patch level you are on?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

thank you very much for your response.

We are on 6.04 level 0052.

Since 01.03.2012 there are new field in structure ptk10:

.APPEND Types PTK10_APPEND

ADD_INFO Types PTRV_PTK10_ADD_INFO

COMPUTED_DIST Types COMPUTED_DIST

ROUND_TRIP Types ROUND_TRIP

CONSUMPTION_TYPE Types PTRV_CAR_CONSUMPTION_TYPE

FUEL_RCPT_EXIST Types PTRV_FUEL_RCPT_EXIST

FUEL_PRICE Types PTRV_FUEL_PRICE

FUEL_PRICE_CURR Types WAERS

I wanted to know if those field are thought for cases like mine or for other cases.

You suggest me to use structure ptk99, could you please guide me?How can i include new field in the client screen?

Thank you very much,

E

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduarda,

I see, I am on EHP4 SP 51 , I don't have these fields yet, so I can't really determine whether they are suitable for your requirement. I would wait for someone else to give advice concerning this then like Sally, Muhammad or Raynard; so you have a consultant-point-of-view. In case their response emerges that the existent fields are not suitable and you do need to enhance, I will help you with PTK99 and the Screen 9999. But I would wait a bit more for other opinions, using PTK99 should be the last resort.

Cheers, Lukas