cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact person is missing in sold to party during sales order processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAP GURUS,

I M FRESHER IN SAP,I M FACING A PROBLEM WHEN SAVING SALES ORDER,THAT CONTACT PERSON MISSING IN SOLD TO PARTY,BUT I HAVE

MAINTAINED THAT IN CUSTOMER MASTER,AND ALSO ENTERED 4M SALES ORDER SCREEN 4M GOTO-HEADER-PARTNER.BUT THE PROBLEM STILL

EXISTS.

SYSTEM RESPONSE:

Missing data: Contact Person

Message no. VU019

Diagnosis

The system checked the document for completion and found some missing data.

System Response

You cannot continue processing.

Procedure

Enter the missing data.

thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all ,I am suggesting you is don't maintain Content in "Capital Letters".

1. Go to "Customer Master" - General Data- Contact Person Tab,here once again check your data with your correct "Sold To Party".

2. If there was present correct data in Correct Fields in sold To party then take that" Tables Names"( KNVK ) and "Fields Names" and go to SE16N and see data fetching or not in tables level.

Then go to your Incompletion procedure ,check Contact Person Details Screen Names, Table Name and Field Name as correct or not.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir for your response.i dont understand step no 2.i m new to sap,kindly say the steps what i have to in

se16n.in customer master i have checked.its ok there.i m not familiar with tables so much.in table to b searched i  put

KNVK and execute there i find many customers,but when i search by clicking find button and entering sold to party no i dont find my sold to party(customer),then i enter contact prson no and runs the search but i dont find anything.plzz help.

i m using ides ecc6.

thank you

Regards

Debraj

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debraj,

As you told that you have checked the Sold to party Contact person in XD02.

I will request you to delete the name and type it again and save the customer master data.

Else you go to Tcode VAP1 and give your sold to party no and create Contact person.

Then try to check the KNVK table with that sold to party.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx suman sardar for ur response but i dont get my customer in table knvk even after creating contack person from VAP1.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

one thing conform ,  you can activate the any in completion log in contact person ,  check the OVA2 here you maintain the in completion log for contact person check this,

when you go to header and item partner contact person partner function key  its showing or not

pl check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx bojja reddy for your response,

whn im checking goto-header-partner

and goto-item-partner

i can see contact person is present.now what i have to do?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so

you can assign the contact person number at  partner tab level ,

then you will check

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have check header and item level from sales order screen.as i m new to sao it will be kind of you to guide me how to assign contact person no at partner tab level.plz tell me the steps

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you send the screen of partner tab ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is the screen shoot of the partner tab.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you once you maintain the contact person number , then come main screen here click on

MENU BAR EDIT-IN COMPLETION LOG , here any pending show , author wise you can save ,

why you are enter the contact person partner enter manually , and also you sp, py is same, bp, sh is different, you want contact person add it author wise remove it then will check

Former Member
0 Kudos

in incompletion log the error is showing.sold to party contact person missing

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

come back the sale order do not same the order ,

go to xd02 for sp , here at partner function tab  level , remove the contract person partner fucntion,

then go to VOPAN , here click on customer , click on partner determination procedure ,

click on partner function in partner procedure , here contact person function un check the mandatory, not modifiable, and also not assign the CP for you SP account group ,

do this first then check the OVA2 here at header , item level assign the any table or field VBPA-KUNNR , its assign pl remove,

you can use the partner functions as standerd like sp.sh.bp,py or z tranctions

once z name use that particular function ,

SPSold-to partyKU07

like this setting you can main here 07 is imp

check all relevant data

Former Member
0 Kudos

from step ova2 i dont understand what to do.....till that i have done.plz guide...thnk you

Former Member
0 Kudos

from step ova2 i dont understand what to do.....till that i have done.plz guide...thnk you

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much.after going to ova2 i delete the field status of incompletion log of partner,problem has been solved,i can save the sales order,if i want to keep the contact person then?

Thanx and regards

debraj

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.