SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The interim meter reading (meter reading reason 09) and its consumption is ignored.

ANSHUMAN10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help me with this issue.

There is an installation for which move-out has taken place and in this case the consumption on the move out meter reading is not correct.

While looking at the meter reading data i see that the interim meter reading (meter reading reason 09) and its consumption is ignored somehow.

Therefore the consumption is too high for the move-out meter reading.

Please help me in finding out why the consumption of meter reading with MR reason 09 and MR type 11 is ignored and the consumption is coming out to be so high.

Do let me know if you need further details.

Thanks and Regards

Anshuman

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshuman,

Please check if the meter reading with reason 09 is active. If the meter reading was marked as inactive, then such reads will not be considered for consumption calculation.

Also, Request you to share meter reading history for a given bill period (last billed read till move-out read). Let us know if there is any register factor / billing factors involved.

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if the Interim MR reason has less priority over Move-out MR reason.

The setting can be done on the below SPRO path.

SAP Utilities-->Device Management-->Meter Reading-->Meter Reading Order-->Order Creation-->Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check

Hope this helps you out.

Regards

Sachin

former_member266656
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls provide EL31 print shot to better understand the problem.

Regards

Girish Bahuguna

ANSHUMAN10
Explorer
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Anshuman,

If the reading is active, then definitely reading on 10.02.2012 was considered for consumption calculation during billing. Moreover, I could see the meter reading status is 7 (which is billed).

During billing, consumption was calculated between 28.01.2012 and 10.02.2012 which is added up with consumption between 10.02.2012 and 27.08.2012.

Please let us know what is making you think that read on 10.02.2012 was not considered during consumption calculation.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

What the print shot suggest is on 10.02.2012 meter reading was entered with reading reason 09 i.e. meter reading without billing and hence bill can not be generated for this meter reading. But when you have moved out the  customer with RR03 bill have been generated for the period of 28.01.2012 to 27.08.2012 with readings 143.78 & 146.225 taking into account.

hence consumption will be ignored if you bill only for 10.02.2012.

Regards

Girish Bahuguna

0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

If you notice Billing Document, then you will see two quantity line items which means meter reading with read reason 09 was considered for consumption calculation.

Meter reason 09 (Interim Read without Billing) - means meter reading order will not generate billing order... which means interim billing is not possible with meter reading with reason 09.

Only meter reading reasons - 01, 02 and 03 will generate billing orders and we can perform billing on those reads / dates.

Hope this explains. Let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

That is what I have suggested. For RR09 interim billing won't be possible but when readings will be entered with RR03(move out) it will create the bill and consider all the readings including readings with reason 09. That is why status 07 is shown for RR09.

Regards

Girish Bahuguna