cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure issue in product master Error Text: Field /SAPAPO/MARM-GEWEI unit missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a CIF Error today.This is because of Error Text: Field /SAPAPO/MARM-GEWEI unit missing. So i dig in Material Master. here i found Gross weight is showing as zero and net weight as 1.000.Here Base unit of Measure is CSE(Cases)

1.600-- KG- 1.000 CSE.Gross Weight as 0.0000 Net weight 1, 000.

It is pure illogical that Grossweight is Showing Less than Net weight.Can you please give us an idea, how to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

When I tried what you've done, I saw a message "

The Gross weight is smaller than the Net weight"

when I display the product in /SAPAPO/MAT1, but there was no

error during CIF.

Can you upload the screen shot of your ECC material?

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemen/Jagadish,

Net weight will calculate automatically  based on Weight unit(GEWEI) as KG. Our Business is Biscuts and chocaltes. So User has to enter Gross weight manually for each Alternate UOM for KG;s or what ever the alternate unit of measure.

So i this case, if we don't enter Gross weight and having netweight as 1.000  and CIF to APO, will system shows  as Failed queue?. Becasue in my logs i am looking as failed qeueue, since Gross weight as Zero

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

My material looks like this and there was no CIF error.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Seems like there is an Alterate UoM in ECC that doesn't exist in APO. You might need to mass import the UoM's again to APO

To import UoM's from ECC to APO, use the report program RSIMPCUST, select UoM's, click on rebuild mode, uncheck test mode and then execute.

If you dont have access to SE38, go to APO > RSA1 > Source Systems > Right Click > Transfer Global settings, do aa.

Now try CIFing this material again after deleting the queue entries. Make sure that both gross weight and net weight have are expressed in UoM's that exist in UoM conversion.

Thanks

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

Surya

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Update your unit of measure conversion in ECC (last screenshot of your post) as shown in the 2nd screenshot of my post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tieng:

Thanks for your reply. Can you please put Zero Weight in Alternate UOM and CIF  like below. Please let me know whether any error :  Field /SAPAPO/MARM-GEWEI unit missing is comming.

Regards,

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your reply.There is an Alterate UoM  both in ECC and APO. There are no differences . Only problem is when CIf ing Alternate UOM of Gross weight with Zero . I am getting error. May be business doesn't look into this w/o maintaining Gross weight manually.

Best Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Thanks. Once we have updated WEIGHT (GEWEI) as KG, system will calculate Net weight automatically. But is doesn't calculate Gross weight Automatically. I will tell the example .our Product is Biscuts and choclates . They will consider the net weight w/o packaging(called as Wraper). If i include Wraper, it will become a Gross weight of product.So system will calculates Net weight only. In this case User has to enter Gross weight of product(Wraper) manually.

So in this case, if i don't put Gross weight here, whcih shows Zero . Will system pass the qeueue w/o error "SAPAPO/MARM-GEWEI unit missing".

The below is the OSS message, which is talking about GEWEI (Weight as KG). But my issue is Gross weight as ZERO and net weight as 1.000

OSS Notes Note 1519355 - Field /SAPAPO/MARM-GEWEI unit missing for product

Symptom: Field /SAPAPO/MARM-GEWEI unit missing for product

·         Reason and Prerequisites: The reason of the error is, that the 'Unit of Weight' is missing for the alternative unit of measure (UOM) in the material Master Data.

·         Solution :

·         From R/3 perspective:If no gross or net weight is maintained in a unit of measure, it is not necessary to maintain a unit of weight. However CIF in APO checks the field GEWEI for all entries of table MARM. If the field GEWEI is blank in any of the MARM entries then you will get the error message. The following are ways to correct this error;

·         From APO perspective,: Delete the alternative UOM in APO for the product in /sapapo/mat1. Afterwards process the faulty queue and all alternative UOMs will be correctly available in APO and thus, the master data is consistent.

1)       Maintain the 'Unit of Weight' that is missing for the alternative units in the material master data in R/3. Afterwards retransfer the master data to APO.

2)       Use the user exit EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 (where you can change MARM and MARMX values) and maintain the missing 'Unit of Weight' so that MARM-GEWEI is filled before transferring the master data to APO.

Kind Regards,

Surya.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I test it but still no error. Attached is details of my sample

Are there any differences from yours?

Best regards,

Tiemin

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

APO does not accept gross weight as 0 (or blank). You can try this by manually updating a product in APO (t.code /SAPAPO/MAT1). The base UoM considers the net weight and hence, there is auto conversion.

Your business needs to enter gross weight. If not permitted in material master, then implement user exit per the SAP note with some business logic.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks  to all

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

It looks like material master data not maintained completely in ECC. You need to verify the material master has been defined with both gross and net weights along with weight unit (material master - basic data1 - Dimensions/EANs section). This will be CIF'ed to APO and appear in product master (unit of measure tab - global data).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Thanks for ur reply.Alternate Unit of conversion was defined in material master.That is conversion factor was given as

1.600-- KG- 1.000 CSE and also maintained Weight unit as KG. So automatically it will convert to Net weight and Grosss weight.

Before that, Weight unit as KG was not maintained in alternate unit of measure  in material master. Weight Unit feild(GEWEI) was blank. At this point of time, gross weight and net weight is showing as Zero.

After that I maintained Weight Unit feild(GEWEI) as KG in Material master.I got the values for net weight as 1,000 and Gross weight as 0.000

1.600-- KG- 1.000 CSE.Gross Weight as 0.0000 Net weight 1, 000.

Please let me know is this any configuration issue conversion in SPRO of ECC.

Thanks & Regards,

Surya

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Just wondering you maintained gross and net weights in the material master. Please check the following screen shots and compare your settings. Then, delete unit conversion in APO and re-CIF the materials again.

1. Material master with gross and net weights along with weight unit

2. Unit of measure conversion maintenance in ECC

As you above, the base unit of measure (CSE in your case) should have equivalent values under gross and net weights (typically values that are maintained in the basic data1).

3. APO display

Thanks,
Rajesh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may also check the following SAP note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1519355.