cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Name - Number on Activity overview screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Would appreciate if some one could let me know and clarify - field name "<b>NUMBER"</b> - Is this filed meant for assigning required <b>"Number of Persons"</b> to perform a assigned internal acivity in a work center?.

Looking forward to hear and would assign reward points suitably.

Thanks

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar

'Number' (AFVGD-ANZZL) is the number of capacities in the internal activity.

the field 'No. of peop' (CYSPLIOUT-ANZZL) on the tab 'Person assignment'

has the same value as the field 'Number' (AFVGD-ANZZL) on the tab

'Internal'. This field does not reflect the number of persons assigned

on tab 'Person assignment', but is the number of the required capacities

to calculate either the normal duration or the work. Which value ever

you enter on the tab 'Internal', will be copied on the tab

'Person assignment', as 'Internal' has a higher priority so to say

and 'Person assignment' is just a more detailed breakdown.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina

Thanks a lot for your prompt and very detailed reply. Would appreciatte if you can clear my doubts on the following.

1. How it differentiate number of capacities from persons required for performing job in a work center.

2. We assign persons to an activity in CMP2 or CMP3 - is a detailed view off what ever the number we assigned in "number' field.

3. Is it mandatory to maintain persons in HR employee master data.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Sudhakar

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar ,

Generally I would not recommend you to use this field, if it is not really needed. Without this field, you can reach other functionalities as well.

This field is normally used with the 'calcualtion key' together, which enable the user 'calculate the duration\works' based on the works\duration and the number of capacity. For example, if you duplicate the number of capacities, the duration will be reduced to 50 percent. It sounds fine, but from my point of view, it is less flexible.

Without the number of capacities, you can assign multiple persons to the activity too. It is not the prerequsite for the person assignments.

If you would like to assign the persons to activity, the HR master data has to be maintaned. I think, the info. type 001, 002, 007 and 035 are important.

The note 543362 should give you more information.

My suggestion: keep it as simple as possible in this area.

Please rewards poinits, if it is useful.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Zhenbo

Thanks for your suggestion. Infact in our case we are not mapping external contractors resources in HCM employee master data. for that reason we looking for workaround to assign the manpower category wise.

Regards

Sudhakar