cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve the sold-to-party from a partner numer ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know there is a transaction which allows you to retrieve the sold-to party who a partner is linked to... but I don't remember the transaction code... it is VD...something or VL... I can't manage to find it...

So I get this question

1) When you know the number of a partner , how to retrieve the Sold-to party who the partner is linked to ?

(ex: you know the ship-to party number and you want to know to which sold-to party it is assigned)

(otherwise from getting it from VD03 of course...).

PS :  I tried VDH2N but it doesn't seem to retrieve anything... I get an empty screen...

Thanks a lot for your help !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think Dedicated Ship To party customers that do not have any Sold to party means those customers who have not any SP and BP and PY. Customer acount group is Sold to Party and there is no other partner functions in this. This sold to party can be assigned to some other customers. Correct me TW sir if I am wrong.

Dear Joana

You can have any transaction code of your choice started from Z or Y

What you need to do is run SQVI.

Give quick view name and click create.

Give Title and Table KNVP.

Select Input and output fields and save it. Your report is ready to run. Copy its program from System > Status and go to SE93 and create your own Transaction code

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

joana,

Elaborating in the lines of Moazzam Ali's post -

ex: you know the ship-to party number and you want to know to which sold-to party it is assigned

Go to SE16N, give table name KNVP

in field KUNN2 give ShipTo party customer number

Execute (F8)

in field KUNNR is the SoldTo party customer number

Note - The above is generally true, but in some cases KUNNR does not represent SoldTo party.

E.g. dedicated ShipTo party customers that do not have any Sold to party, in those cases the KUNNR does not represent the SoldTo party customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you for your help on this !

Actually I need a transaction code, because a user is asking me how to do it and he has no access to the SAP table. So I was wondering if a transaction could help on this...

Thanks again

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Dedicated ShipTo party customers that do not have any Sold to party".

What do you mean by , the above sentence ( Intrensting Point)

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

but in some cases KUNNR does not represent SoldTo party

When a customer is created with account group 0002 Goods recepient. The entries in XD03, button Sales Area Data, Tab Partner Functions, you can not find partner function SP.

Now, go to SE16N, in field KUNN2 give the customer number, from above.

Execute.

The value in field KUNNR does not represent SP (Sold to party). As there is no sold to party for this customer.

That is why I said (in  my above post) - generally KUNNR represents Sold To party but not in all cases.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Why dont you try to extract data from KNVP if you have access of SE16 or SE11 or SQVI. Use this table. Give customer numbers in KUNNR and enter SH in partner function field. I have no access to system right now thats why I am not able to tell you exact field name but if you are familiar with SAP tables then you can do it very easily at your own.