Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logoff in 7.3 is not redirecting to login page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im facing a logoff issues in portal 7.3. When i logoff i get the popup " Are you sure to logoff" aftr i click on Yes im not redirected to login page i'm redirected to home page again.

Im using the standard masthead only and im trying in IE8 .

Kindly somebody guide how to overcome this issue.

Regards,

V Karthi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member432219
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

As Steffi pointed out, this is entirely expected behaviour when there is a valid authentication token available in the client (an SPNego token in this case). After log off the user is directed to the logon page, where the client again sends the SPNego token to the server, authenticating the user again. To the end-user it appears that log off has failed, when really in the background the user has authenticated again. This isn't an issue in SPNego authentication itself, it can occur for other authentication scenarios too.

See Configuring the Portal Logoff URL

Regards    

Patrick

12 REPLIES 12

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karthi,

so you're logged on again in the portal or am I missunderstanding you?

Please try with the add "?spnego=disabled" in your portal url. Like this: http://<url>:<port>/irj/portal?spnego=disabled

Close all browser-windows for this.

Are you getting the login-page now? If yes, it's the SSO of the portal redirecting (are better re-login you ^^).

Regards,

Steffi.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply steffi.

yes you are correct after the logoff im again logged in to the portal.

I tried with adding "?spnego=disabled" in the portal url and im getting the login page now.

So now what needs to be done to make the logoff work.

Kinldy provide the solution.

Regards,

V Karthi

0 Kudos

Well... since you have SSO activated it seems to be wanted that you are logged on automatically in the portal.

I don't know if there is a way for this. To use SSO, but that SSO is not kicking in when you click on "Logout".

0 Kudos

Thanks steffi for the response.

I have not worked on SSO so far so no idea how to proceed further

0 Kudos

Thanks steffi for the response.

I have not worked on SSO so far so no idea how to proceed further

0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

we decided to remove the spnego , can you please help me how to disable SPNego.

Regards,

V Karthi

0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Regards,

V Karthi

0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Regards,

V Karthi

0 Kudos

Hello Karthi,

I'm sorry. I can't help you in this case for I don't know how to disable SPNego.

Regards,

Steffi.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot steffi for the help i will open a new thread to get an idea about how to disable SPNego.

former_member432219
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

As Steffi pointed out, this is entirely expected behaviour when there is a valid authentication token available in the client (an SPNego token in this case). After log off the user is directed to the logon page, where the client again sends the SPNego token to the server, authenticating the user again. To the end-user it appears that log off has failed, when really in the background the user has authenticated again. This isn't an issue in SPNego authentication itself, it can occur for other authentication scenarios too.

See Configuring the Portal Logoff URL

Regards    

Patrick

0 Kudos

moved to Security by moderator