cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NW developer studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m trying to install the client NW developer studio for to install BI-JAVA SCA components into Portal Netweaver 7.3.

I´m installing into Windows 7 x64. The jsdk installed is jdkfb-6u26-rev-b21-windows-x64 but when I launch the executable I get this message

Which is the problem???

If I install the JVM 1.7 I can launch the installation of Developer Studio, but after a time I get this message:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need java jre 1.6 and copy the jre folder into eclipse folder it will work.

keep the folder eclipse also on some root like C:\ or D:\

Regards

Gajanand Gupta

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Since you are using Windows 7:

Right click on "Computer" -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Environment Variables.

Now under "User variables for username(xyz)", click on "NEW" -> Variable Name : type JAVA_HOME and in the Variable Value: here provide the path of java directory as mentioned in Mark's post i.e.C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_35\bin.

After this is done, in the "System variables" go to "PATH" and edit it and add the above path of Java directory i.e. ;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_35\bin

Once you are done with above proceed further with installation.

Regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve put the java_home and path E.V with the next path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin

But I get this error:

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ruben,

Have you set Virtual memory in your system ?

If not yet then try setting it up, Right click on "Computer" -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced ->Settings -> Advanced -> Change

Set it and then try again.

Regards,

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Please check in the eclipse directory if you have the file SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini

In there you can set the following parameter:

-vm

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_35\bin (this need to be an existing path)

If this doesn't work, you can set the PATH environment variable.

Right mouse click on my computer -> properties -> Advanced -> Environment variables -> at the system variables search for Patch and add a valid path to the java runtime environment.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dijsselbloem

The contento of the file is the next:

-startup

plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

-nl

en

-vmargs

-Xmx512m

-Xms128m

-XX:PermSize=32m

-XX:MaxPermSize=384m

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

After the installation of the JAVA 1.7 I can start the Developer Studio but I get this message:

What can I try to do?

Thanks

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ruben

Looks like you have installed JDK 1.7. NWDS is not yet supported on 1.7

You need to install JDK1.6_0_*...also in the java HOME variable - you need to mention the JDK path, not the JRE path

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I´ve uninstalled the Java 1.7, and nod I get this in my java folder:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6

I´ve set the E.V JAVA_HOME and PATH to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24, and Now I get this message when I try to install DS.

I´ve uninstalled all again and I´ve installed jdk1.6.0_26 for 32 bits, and I set the E.V PATH and JAVA_HOME to the value:C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26

I´ve started the installer for developer studio but I get this message:

What is happenning?

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess issues with the JAVA_HOME variable? somehow the NWDS is picking up the JRE as seen from the screenshot

java.home=c:\program files(...\jre6

Pls check again if the JAVA_HOME is correctly set to = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26

make sure this is the only entry for the java_home

Did you define it under User or system variables?