cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload folder into workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to import an entire folder into the MII Workbench. The folder is a javascript library. So far I have only found methods to import files but not entire folders with subfolders. Is there a way to accomplish this? The javascript library contains a lot of subdirectories. If I have to add everything manually it will cost a lot of time.

Thank you.

Edit: I also tried exporting the project. Unzip. Include the folder. Zip and import again.

But I get an error concerning the manifest file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you work with the action block Get_File_List.  Using the mask *. should get you a list of folders.  Using a repeater to cycle through the list of folders, you can first create the new folder, then use a second repeater to copy the files over (Text Loader and Text Saver in the Web folder would probably work best).  You will need to test it as some files also will be found using "*." as the mask.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this workaround. It is sad though that a standard function like this is not provided. I will try your solution.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

There are lots of tools in the MII tool box and, if used creatively, can provide just about any solution.  The most complex tools are those to be used to interact with SAP and the manufacturing floor as the primary focus. 

I suspect that the file function that you desire is not a major tool for the manufacturing interfaces, but I also believe that people have gone ahead and created custom action blocks to accomplish what you wanted.  If you are interested in custom action blocks, I can point you to the documentation and some samples.

Regards, Mike

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Export project as zip ,un zip,keep your files under WEB folder the way you need, zip it and import project. This should work.

I totally i agree with you.here Philippe.because i was in your shoes lately and spent some of time on this issue..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a 'Publish Assistant' tool available as part of the old Productivity Wizards download available here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/c0f1fdb7-b080-2a10-3ba4-ac0bd0...

Its a little clunky and can be slow when publishing a lot of files. I have only used it up to version 12.1 but it should do what you want.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the manifest error?  It would seem to me that your approach to inject the js library folder structure into your project archive for re-importing would be the best way to go.  Make sure your zip file for reimport from the project screen doesn't have any extra folders at the root level, and the manifest xml file is in the proper location.