cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Delivery Location with Multiple Sites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a scenario in which i have a customer delivery location but on that delivery location he has multiple sites

Delivery Location : Industrial Area

Site :                       1

Same as

Delivery Location : Industrial Area

Site :                          2

I need to capture this and i dont know how to do this bcoz I have maintained delivery address in customer master but that adress has multiple sites .Please help me out with this scenario

1 Address has Multiple Sites where we are delivering our material and Client needs that info as well. We cannot create Multiple SH for multiple sites.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone for the efforts you people made. My client says that for 5 different locations its difficult to create same customer 5 times . The office address of my client is one but they deliver material on 5 different locations/Sites and for 5 different sites they cannot open 5 customer master of same person they want another solution for that .

EXAMPLE

DHL : address is DHL Building galaxy road

Site : Site 1

Site : Site 2

Site : Site 3

Site : Site 4

Site : Site 5

and may be 5 to 6 but they says they want solution either in customer master or sales order or any. instead of creating 6 ship to party of same customer name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make use of Unloading Point and Receiving Point and even Department if you wish.

Unloading point ->

Specifies the point at which the material is to be unloaded (for example, ramp 1).

Receiving Point ->

A receiving point is a location close to the address or the unloading point of the goods recipient.

Procedure

Several receiving points can be defined for each plant. The receiving points can then be assigned to individual departments.

Use

The receiving point can be printed on delivery documents (SD function).

Department ->

Identifies the department for which the contact person works (for example: purchasing, accounting, marketing, etc.)

You can maintain the the default data in customer master general data view -> Unloading point tab. These data are selectable in SO item. All SO items will use same shipto party but can have different receiving point and department. These fields in SO are found in item data and shipping tab and are automatically copied to Outbound delivery item. You can cater these fields in your outbound print out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD ,

In such a scenario, try to use Shipment Document (VT01N) where you can combine multiple deliveries.

For one shipment document, you can assign multiple delivery document.

With Regards

Vinu Nanjan

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sd,

In the sales order, in Tab Partners (at header or item level), the address details of a Ship to party can be updated e.g. in field Name "Site1, ....", then save.

The ShipTo party # does not have to be changed.

Side comment: To change address etc. of a customer number the relevant configuration settings have to be maintained (IMG>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Partner determination).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

But the issue is i have same customer and 10qty i am sending at industrial area 1 and another 10Qty i am sending at Industrial area 2 and the line item is 1 in sales order . Sometimes we have many locations like location 1 2 3 4 5 . In one area customer is running different sites now i dont know how to capture it is it possible to use Unloading point for this. Means my address is same for invoicing but locations are different. let say i have delivery address is DHL building but near my DHL building i have 2 different sites are running site 1 and site 2 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD,

Yes it is possible in SAP standard but you have to create two sales orders, if there are two sites then you can change the address of the ship to party

For Ex: Sales order 1  - sold to party - ABC, ship to party123 you can edit by double cliking on ship to party from sales order -  double click on ship to party in header partner then you can write city name as first industrial city

Sales order 2  - sold to party - ABC, ship to party123 you can edit by double cliking on ship to party from sales order -  double click on ship to party in header partner then you can write city name as second industrial city.

now you can do the delivery and you can check the delivery report there it will come different address of the ship to party that is site1 and site2

Best Regards,

MH

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sd,

Yes, unloading point fits the meaning of unloading at various sites, as per your requirement.

SAP F1 Help -

Unloading Point

Specifies the point at which the material is to be unloaded (for example, ramp 1).

I have done some testing with the concept of Unloading point.

In a sales order, one line item can have ONLY one unloading point. Thus you would have to create multiple line items in a sales order.

Furthermore, with different unloading point in line items of sales order, there would be delivery split, during the creation of deliveries -

SAP text -

Item 000200: delivery split due to conflicting header data (Function SH: Unloading Point: Unloading-1A <-> Tor A23)

Message no. VL033

Diagnosis

Item 000200 cannot be shipped in the same delivery with the other items in the document because the header data (Function SH: Unloading Point) is different. The Function SH: Unloading Point item field has the value Tor A23, but in the delivery checked for concatenation it has the value Unloading-1A.

System Response

The system issues this message if a delivery split is necessary.

This message either appears in the collective processing log or during creation of outbound deliveries from projects or for subcontracting. It informs you that the item specified will be shipped in a delivery other than the delivery that includes the other items from the same document. If there was a general problem with shipment of the delivery, a different message appears.

If this message appears when you are creating an outbound delivery with reference to a sales order in the foreground, it indicates that the order item cannot be shipped with the current outbound delivery.

Procedure

If this message appears when you are creating an outbound delivery for a sales order, you have to create an individual delivery for the same sales order to ensure that all items will be shipped.

Some configuration setting is required in Customer master / Ship to party, button General data, Tab unloading point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use delivery item split method and receiving point field. Same SO item, same Outbound number. Once a outbound Delivery is created, reduce delivery qty for the item, then add another same SO item by clicking on menu -> Outbound Delivery -> Deliver Sales order. Then you go to each item details -> Loading and Shipment tab -> Recv. Point. With this usage, your outbound print out should include this field for each item.

If different outbound number is desirable, you can use delivery split function, tcode VLSP. after spitting delivery, do the same to fill in Recv. point for each outbound item.