Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Field required in MIGO for Movement type 261

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We created one maintenance order. We added components in that maintenance order. After adding it, I got reservation number for that component.

In MIGO, i selected, Goods Issues against Reservation. Movement type got selected as 261.

In the MIGO screen, I entered details like quantity, storage location and clicked on OK. System didn't gave me any field to enter GL account.

Afterwards I saved the MIGO. System posted accounting entry by debiting to Consumption Stores Spares A/c (which it picked from OBYC - GBB VBR setting).

My business requirement says that "Consumption stores spares A/c" should not be debited. User should have option to enter GL in this case (when MIGO is against reservation). Because same stores may be used for different purpose like repairing to building, repairing to machinery, etc

I tried settings in following node:

SPRO --> Material Management --> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory --> Settings for Enjoy Transactions --> Settings for Goods Movements (MIGO) --> Field Selection per Mvt Type --> Mvt Type 261, field KONTO (GL account) is optional.

SPRO --> Material Management --> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory --> Goods Issue / Transfer Postings --> Set Manual Account Assignment --> Account control for 261 is blank. I also tried by maintaining it as "." i.e. entry in this field is optional.

But still GL field is not appearing in MIGO for Movement type 261.

Please let me know how to enter GL account in MIGO for movement type 261.

--

Deepak    

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Why don’t you post the GI thru MB1A instant of MIGO.

T.Code            : MB1A

Mvt                 : 261

Plant               : AB01

Storage          : PS01

Press Enter

GL                   : 100201

Order              : 500066844

Material, Qty, then save …

This is the simply way and no need to maintain any condition for MIGO.

Attachment can help you to understand clearly.

Cheers ..

Regards,

Abdul Mujeeb Shaik

Saudi Ceramics Company

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the material reservation itsely user is having the option to select the GL and Cost Center rite. Why cant that be used?

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because reservation is automatically created in maintenance order in IW32    

vijay2006ece
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Coming to your main question 'User should have option to enter G/L at MIGO'. how this can be done in the business, entering G/L account manually?

Your requirement is for 261 movement, So as you mentioned in the main post, it will pick from OBYC - GBB VBR setting (material valuation class plays a role). In case of reservations, only after 'quantity withdrawn' this G/L account(maintained in obyc) will be updated in reservation.

I think change of G/L account cannot be possible because its relevant to valuation class, so as per SAP only one G/L possible for a single valuation class relevant to VBR.

If you need particular G/L account to be updated then maintain it in OBYC and link it to VBR, valuation class and other parameters.

You can change the reservation details like quantity and other indicators by using the work order.

IW32 >> Order Number >> Components tab >> select component(your required material) >> click on Gen.Data (general data) >> you can change the reservation details

But no option of G/L account because system triggers it throug OBYC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Please Try using Enhancement. in PBO . for your Reference. Check This link.

may be useful for you. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32293

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will not work in the MIGO, but while assigning the Reservation with the AA Object assign ask the user to assign the G/L account there. Then the required G/L will be picked up. The reason is for that AA Object you might have the G/L being fetched automatically from OKB9.

/Manoj

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you mean by "assigning the Reservation with the AA Object"

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating Reservation in MB21, you will have the option to enter the G/L Account for the assigned CO Object with Mvt Type 261.

/Manoj

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here were are not creating reservation manually. Reservation number is automatically created in when we mention component number in maintenance order in IW31. Reservation number can be seen in component tab in maintenance order.

There is no option for the GL account there

vijay2006ece
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

While creating maintainence order, If you put special stock indicator as "2" in the components tab item. then at the time of MIGO, system will ask for WBS element.

For normal stock, direct posting will be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you see the field in Goods Issue against Other with Mvt Type 261?

/Manoj

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj..

Yes, It is coming for "Others" But it is not coming for "reservation".

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why this is happening is, the consumption details for a Goods Issue agasint a Resevration are carried over from MB21. So they cannot be manually entered in MIGO. But during Goods Issue against Others will be available for Input in MIGO because there is no preceeding document to support this.

That is the reason why I suggested it had to be brought from Reservation. Anyway, are the Reservations blocked for editing if they are created from Maintenance Order? Also, did you look at the option of entering the GL Account as mentioned previously in the post by Vijay?

/Manoj

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will check with MM guy if reservation is editable. If it is editable, can we enter GL account ?.

As far as Vijay's reply is concerned, he is speaking about WBS element. Since there is no PS module, i think this solution will not work for me.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

In continuation to my above reply, I would like to add that, since reservation is automatically created through order, its not allowing me to change the GL account. When i clicked on MB22 to change the reservation, it gave error as :

"Reservation created automatically. No manual changes possible

This reservation has been generated automatically by the system and can, therefore, not be changed manually. You can only change automatically generated reservations by changing the document (for example, the production order) to which the reservation refers. "

So how do i change my GL account in reservation. Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its standard functionality, you cannot change automatically created Reservations.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a5/63361c43a211d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm

So there really are only 2 options, see if you can add the account in Maintenance Order, else see if you can implement a BAdI to achive the requirement. Look if the BAdI MB_MIGO_ITEM_BAdI can help in this requirement.

/Manoj

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a Standard functionality to pick the GL accounts from account determination table if provided.

I am not still clear why you want to change the GL account which is automatically determined from account determination table.

If you still want to replace the GL then Instead of going for BADI you may use the FI Substitution process.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When maintenance order is saved, system automatically creates a reservation number and when you post materials WRT that reservation number, it will picks 261 movement type but why do you want to enter G/L account manually?

G/L account picks based on setting in OBYC.

Can you cross check..

account modifier  VBR (GBB-VBR for 201 movement type for cost center) is assign to G/L account in OBYC.

&

new account modifier  ZZZ (as GBB-ZZZ for 261 movement type for maintenance order) is assign to assign G/L account in OBYC

Regards,

Biju K

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to change GL account because:

One material (ex: stores and spares) can be issued for repairing of Building. Next day same material can be issued for repairing of machinery. So as per revised schedule VI of Companies Act, both should hit different GL accounts. If its pertaining to building, it should hit "Repairs to Building" GL account

But if it is pertaining to machinery, it should hit "Repairs to Machinery" GL account. Please let me know how to fulfill this requirement.

If we think of substitution in GGB1, what should be logic / trigger point. Please help.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to change GL account because:

One material (ex: stores and spares) can be issued for repairing of Building. Next day same material can be issued for repairing of machinery. So as per revised schedule VI of Companies Act, both should hit different GL accounts. If its pertaining to building, it should hit "Repairs to Building" GL account

But if it is pertaining to machinery, it should hit "Repairs to Machinery" GL account. Please let me know how to fulfill this requirement.

But now, system picks only one GL account (picked through GBB VBR).

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many GL accounts like wise (different) you have for Goods issue against Maintenance order (261) movement type.

You may talk to your FI consultant and he will be able to assist you in this regards.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are 5 different GL accounts where postings needs to be done. But GBB VBR allows one one material code through one valuation class.

I am a FI Consultant only. But I am unable to get solution for this.

Please help.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have any criteria how the GL account should trigger for 261 movement type?

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Separate maintenance orders are created for "repairs of plant" and "repairs of building". This is the criteria. If stores / spares is issued for maintenance order for plant, it should get debited to "Repairs - Plant Machinery" GL account. If it is issued for maintenance order for building, it should be debited to "Repairs - Building" GL Account.

Hence maintenance order is the main criteria for deciding GL account.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you use seperate PM order types for Building and Maintenance? Your requirement can be better fulfilled by a BADI or a User exit while Updating the document.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. There is not separate order types.. Any solution.?

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may either have to go for ABAP development or write FI validation while Posting the document into accouting.

As you dont have any criteria with in the SAP system to disinguish the different GL accounts.

There is one method which is not recommended. You may try to create one Program to Update the RESB table according to your requirement.