cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change picked qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD guru's,

at present when creating return delivery, delivery qty can be changed, but not the picked qty is always '0'(zero) always. i need to change this setting as to allow it to pick the relevant qty's returned.

Will be awaiting a prompt response.

Thanks in Advance!!... 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the response.

I actually found the solution. this is when i understood that the item category for delivery and not allowed for picked qty to be adjusted. so i had to find the item category relevant to the delivery type and activate it relevant for picking.

Thanks again for the for the support.

T W you had the correct advise for the answer, but the item category was KAN...

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shahzad,

KAN is for Consignment Pick up. There too why do you need picking? Please explain the business scenario (in coonsignment warehouse picking is happening etc. etc.....)

In my opinion, picking would be an additional step which is not required in the consignment pick up process.

If 5 EA have to be delivered from the consignment warehouse to your company, then create a delivery with Delivery quantity = 5.

There is no need for picking.

Side comment - When picking quantity is not equal to Delivery quantity, then PGR can not be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When Pick up is used. it is used it is assumed that all the items are returned. but that may not be the actual case. On the way the some item may go missing or damaged. so they do not consider those items as ready to resale. that why they need to pick it manually.

Also they need to send those good that are picked to a different location (inspection location) before it is sent back to unrestricted use. I am yet to get a solution.

If you know of any way to do that do let me know.

Thanks in advance!... 

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad,

yes tw is correct.

delivery quantity can be changed as those are the quantities will be returned.it  can be change in return sales order as well as delivery also.

Picking is always zero as in return there is no need to pick the quantities before shipping or it is not picked from the storage location to do PGI(which confirms the status of goods left from Sloc or WH) and which is under processing to reach customer.

Regards,

Mithu

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shahzad,

From business process perspective -

Picking is a process to prepare the goods for delivery to customers e.g. get the goods from the warehouse location to the door / shipping point.

In the returns process there is NO preparation (of this sort), in other words - There is NO picking for return process.

From SAP configuration perspective -

Delivery item category REN for returns, in 0vlp, the field relevant for delivery is unmarked / blank. Therefore there is no picking happening in Returns process.

For your question -

If picking is to be done for 10 EA, then I would suggest that you adjust the delivery quantity to 10EA and then do the PGR (in the Return delivery).