cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong assignment of a NWA to NW Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon Gurus,

Network activity 111111-A is worngly assigned to network 111111, actuclly activity should belong to network 222222.

Network activity 111111-A has actucal cost.

Will the wrong assignment of a NWA to NW Header affect anything in the project

Is there any functionality difference when an NWA is assigned to a particular NW Header or is the purpose of the header purely related to how NWAs are grouped?

Please throw light on this issue

I hope only data in reporting will vary

Thanks

MM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Menaka,

as Gokul said, if you can live with the incorrect assignment, and let it be. After the actual costs were posted, it is not possible to move it or delete it. You can do a settlement of the costs of this activity to a new activity, but the settled costs may have different meaning of the direct posted costs.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Menaka,

I have checked on my system but this is not allowing any drag and drop to different network but can allow within same network.

When you have actual cost occurred via any means this will not allow according to me and follow the same as suggested by Gokul (reverse the actual postings and create the activity under the correct network header.).

thanks

Sunil

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are right sunil i'm agree with you, but means of my earliest post as commitment with activity can move under any wbss not with actual cost i said not sure but logically it must be...

Regards,

Sanjeev

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but logically you can move via drag and drop method NWA to where you want to assign under any WBS if you are using multiple NW header then no.

because commitment with activity it be.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

System will not allow to drap one activity & drop like that

Example:

Network activity 111111-A , i can't move activity A to network 222222. 😞

I got below message.

Moving Activities to Network Headers Not Supported

Message no. CNPB015

Please help if there are any side effects

Thanks

MM

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as already said this drag and drop is not allowing. only solution is to cancell all the actual/commitment for this activity and reassign to other network activity.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nothing wrong in assigning one activity to different network header. only problem is you will not see the correct costs corresponding to referenced network header level.

AS Gokul pointed out reverse all the posting on that NWA, then create a new activity and repost costs.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also tried to darg and drop actvity from Network A to Network B and I do got same mesage  as below

Moving Activities to Network Headers Not Supported

Message no. CNPB015

Later I tried to drop the activity to the WBS (say WBS B) of the Network B and it got assigned to WBS B but Network Assignment still remains to Network A only..so I guess as suggested by Gokul, rework seems the only option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Menaka,

Yes, you are correct. I don't see any adverse impact. Only the data in reporting will vary. If you are ok with that let it be as it is. Else, reverse the actual postings and create the activity under the correct network header.

Regards,

Gokul