cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing documents should not be created when it is not released to accounti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

In some situation, billing documents are generated but it is not released to accounting which results in mismatch between FI value and SD value. We go to VFX3 and see the list of billing documents and take corrective action.

Our requirement is that the billing document should not be generated when system is not releasing this billing document to accounting.

Please suggest a solution for this.

Regards,

Senthil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

As far as SAP Standard is concerned, billling is followed by accounting. it is a standard sequence. there is no way any system can forsee whether an accounting document will be generated or not for a particular billing document before it is been created.

The only way is to make sure that accounting document is generated in every possible scenario, which is a more positive approach.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i feel ur requirement is for two differnet reasons, one is not to create a billing doc , which u can block either for a particular customer, or doc itself which u can control with t.code XD05and VOV8 respecitively

the posting block is set by u in the billing doc itself. so when u have already blocked the billing doc itself theres no point in going for this

as for ur requirement if posting block is applied then billing shouldnot continue has no connection any way

hope its useful

giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks giri.

For the following reasons, the billing documents are not released to accounting.

1. If the user wrongly chosen the billing type for the delivery.

2. After creating condition type, it has to be assigned in COPA. If we forgot to do it, billing doc will not released.

Our requirement is that if the billing document is not able create accounting document, the billing document itself should not be generated.

Hope this will be suffice to understand my issue and suggest a suitable solution.

Points will be rewarded.

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

First u should check In <b>VOK1</b> tranaction, define and assign the account key and G/L account.

Rewards point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the tcode mentioned by u VOK1 is to display revenue account determination , pl chek again, correct me if iam wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I think this cannot be done. We know whether a Invoice is released to Accounting or not only after the Invoice is created. I guess this is not possible.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes. I totally agree with you. We wanted some round about solution for this issue.