Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure the events SOC, PRC for EDQA Process

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SCM Experts,

This question is linked with GATP module of SAP APO.

We are using SCM 7.0 and we were using the EDQA application on service pack SAPKY70102. However, with the recent upgrade to SAPKY70105; we have observed that system is not allowing to add the events SOC (Change of Sales order confirmation) , PRC ( Change Planned Order) to the EDQA Process category. Whenever, we try to do this - we get an error saying "Event EDQA not permitted for activity type PRC / SOC".

Does anyone know the reason behind this ? or Is there any workaround to get rid of this issue ?

With best regards,
Babu Kilari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Just check the F1 Help for the activities...see attached.

best regards,

Michael

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you for the quick reply. Are you saying that in this case standard SAP by default triggers a BOP run in the background for the open items that are looking for confirmation ?

Could you be bit clear about it as F1 documentation doesn't specify the process clearly. Also, is this something new that was introduced as part of the support pack that I have mentioned above ?

Thank you

Babu Kilari

0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

From the F1 help it is clear that you can use just the "BOP" as event for SOC or RPC activity. Perhaps a additional check was implemented with the new SP to make sure that you can not choose a not supported acitivity.

best regards,

Michael

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

This is regarding the below mentioned reply, I wanted to know how this works. If I maintain a BOP as the event for SOC, how does system react ? So, when I reject a sales document in the ECC system the CIF queue that gets generated reads this BOP event and picks up what kind of documents to confirm the situation ? Please explain this a bit more.

Thanks,
Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleagues,

I am also interested in this functionality.  I was never able to get BOP to trigger directly, so I used POC (but not SOC) to trigger 'quantity assignment to ODL', which then triggered BOP.  End result about the same.  My project was under time pressure and I did not have enough time to further research or raise a message.  The business eventually discarded the entire 'standard EDQA' solution package for a customized (entirely with enhancements) solution. 

Use of the technique that I implemented has it's own drawbacks; I always wanted to be able to directly trigger BOP from POC, which SAP help implies is possible.

In the solution I used, BOP is configurable.  The selection filter of the docs to be processed is in effect the list of objects contained in the ODL.  The sort of the BOP is configurable, similar to standard BOP configuration.

You can get info related to the solution that I used at http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/bblibrary/documentation/s47_scm701_bb_configguide_en_us.doc

Its kind of buried in there, but this doc was enough to get me to a working solution.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

HI Babu,

I created an example in our internal systems to check the details. When you choose the BOP event in the customizing for process category you can just assign a BOP variant and no ODL list. Thus whenever you change a sales order the system will trigger a BOP run with the variant you have specified. Even if you just change the delivery date or any other change which leads to a update in APO the BOP gets triggered. So such BOP variant should used just for very important orders and just few orders.

e.g. when I change the delivery date in VA02 to a later date (without changing the confirmation) the automatically triggered BOP has changed back the delivery date immediately...

hope this helps.

best regards,

Michael

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you for the reply. You said that BOP will be triggered with pre-defined variant. However, I would not prefer to have such a setting because in the Production environment you never know which document is being rejected in ECC system. This should be automized which means the BOP variant should be filled intelligently.

I guess, this is where the setting "Adapt Var.." comes into picture. You can see this check  box in the same BOP event that you can configure for processes like SOC or PRC. Also, the documentation to this field says that "It executes a EDQA Worklist and updates the BOP variant with such worklist and BOP will be executed". I would like to know what is this EDQA Worklist and how is it configured.

Thank you
Babu Kilari

0 Kudos

HI Babu,

In that case you can probably use SQR event, for this event you can specify a ODL list where the automatic BOP can select the orders according to the released quantity.

best regards,

Michael

PS: There must be a bug in our internal systems. I took the newest 7.02 release, but the EDQA customizing with the ODL list seems to be buggy. I need to clarify this first...

0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

The adapt variant, changes the BOP variant so that the BOP is just executed for the same material/plant as the triggered order has. So that the BOP is not executed for the all materials specified in the variant. The adapt variant feature restricts on product/plant level and a event with ODL list in use works at item level !

Does this answer your query?

br,

Michael

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I guess, now you're close to what I was asking. However, there is one open question. Why would SAP wanted to run BOP for the entire material - plant combination whereas I would prefer to run it on a ODL so that limited set of documents would be considered for BOP that comes out of EDQA event. This was good.

But, now as you know for the events SOC and PRC; EDQA along with ODL is no longer supported.

Only BOP event is supported. Any reason for this ?

Thanks,

Babu Kilari