cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring File/FTP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a problem recently when 2 File/FTP sender adapters simply stopped polling. Looking in Runtime Workbench there were no errors, no warnings, nothing. However, the last recorded poll in each adapter was weeks ago. To get them working again I just made a change and reactivated them. I therefore have a couple of questions:

1. Why would an FTP polling adapter just stop polling without any errors ? Is this an known issue ?

2. Is there anything I can do to alert myself if an FTP polling sender adapter stops polling ? In this case the two concerned adapters hadn't been polling for a few weeks and thus we hadn't been picking up live invoice data. If possible it would be good if there was some mechanism by which you can check if an adapter is still polling without actually having to go into RWB.

Cheers,

PaulC.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

@1: Check the SAP Note 1666377 - "Workaround for File/JDBC/Mail Adapter not polling" on that problem. It describes both: workaround (that you already performed, by the way) and permanent solution (reference to other notes).

Regards,

Greg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>>> Why would an FTP polling adapter just stop polling without any errors ? Is this an known issue ?

May be due to  the lock issue or FTP session not getting closed. Please check my reply at http://scn.sap.com/thread/2054803. You could face the same issue with File sender channel also.

>>>>>2. Is there anything I can do to alert myself if an FTP polling sender adapter stops polling ?

I am afraid there is nothing.   ( as far as I know) . You may have to do something at the source system. ( if the file is not picked up for more than XXX mins )

Former Member
0 Kudos

In theory would it not be possible to use the Run Operating System Command After Message Processing as a form of alert i.e:

• Set up a script to send an email (mailx) to a dedicated inbox
  • Script set up as parameter for Run Operating System Command After Message Processing on FTP send adapter
  • After each FTP poll this script runs and sends email
  • FTP poll would only run once or twice a day to minimise emails generated

Therefore when you stop getting emails you know the FTP adapter has stopped working ? Sounds simple so I must be missing something ?!

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Starting to try what I proposed in my previous post. Quick question. Is it possible to enter a UNIX command directly into the Command Line of Run Operating System Command After Message Processing or does it have to be a link to a script ?

Thanks,

PaulC.