SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of non-valued articles

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a business scenario where vendors supply free-of-charge articles together with their products. These articles need to be handled exactly the same way as normal articles except for the fact that they don't have value. This can be e.g. promotional staff from the vendors or advertising labels.

If I would create a purchase order for these articles directly in MM, I would set the tick "free item" and this way avoid the error message "net price shouldn't be zero". But I don't find a way to set this flag when creating the PO's from an allocation table, trs WA08. I was looking for user exits that could affect the contents of the PO being created, but couldn't find any. The usual ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST seems to be not firing and I don't have access to implicit enhancements since we are on ECC 5.0.

I wonder if there's anybody out there that got to handle such requirement. How have you met it? Or came around it?

I am not familiar with the "additionals" functionality, but from the first glance it doesn't seem to be developed especially for non-valued articles. So it must be the same problem to generate PO's there.

TIA for any ideas,

Raf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rahul_shah9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

The Standard Function Module ME_CREATE_PO_ITEM used in the Allocation Follow-on document creation needs to be modified to accommodate the non valuated articles for Article types. Hence there is a need to enhance the Follow-on Document generation programs via enhancement to default the Account assignment category for Article Type (KNTTP=2)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rahul_shah9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

The Standard Function Module ME_CREATE_PO_ITEM used in the Allocation Follow-on document creation needs to be modified to accommodate the non valuated articles for Article types. Hence there is a need to enhance the Follow-on Document generation programs via enhancement to default the Account assignment category for Article Type (KNTTP=2)

0 Kudos

Thank you for the info, Rahul.

However, I wouldn't dare modifying SAP standard code without having an explicit instruction from SAP how to do it. Do you know if there is an OSS note that (consulting, advance development, etc.) that descries this change?

I this issue to SAP already when I sent my question above, but no answer until now.

TIA

Raf