cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Mobile Resolution on Windows Mobile 6.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

We have recently purchased MC9190 mobile terminal (OS is Windows Mobile 6.5) from Motorola and we use SAP ITS mobile for warehouse operations.

The problem is once we logon, SAP ITS screens are very small and each time you have to tap the screen to zoom but on the next page it’s small again and have to be tapped repedetly.

I found a similar thread but it did not work!

One of the Motorola suppliers offered to use Wavelink to overcome this situation but I don’t know if there would be any other consequences.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your support but we are able to resolve the issue by adding the below meta tag to the HTML source of our code

<meta name="viewport" content="width=480, user-scalable=no">

According to Motorola support "this error is due to Windows Mobile 6.5 has Internet Explorer Mobile 6 integrated that is using different mechanism to generate web pages".

Kind regards

Melih

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello guys!!

Can you give me an example of an HTML code with this modification?

I am not sure where make the change.

Thanks

wavilez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I had the exact same issue last month, but with a different brand of scanner, but same Operating System.

The way I got around this was NOT to use Internet explorer, but the native browser that might come with the scanner. (

that was it, and the resolution got fixed right away.

The browser is called Intermec Browser, and it is specific to Intermec scanners, but I am sure your Motorola equipment might have one.

Give it a go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Unfortunately the native browser for MC9190-G mobile terminal is Internet Explorer.

Kind regards

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melih,

As per Walter's suggestion - you could try using a different browser from standard.

Try the Pocketbrowser for example:

http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=13055&sliceId=&dialo... 0 444382248

Regards,

Oisin

wavilez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree. Somewhere in the SAP literature it recommends to use what they call Industrial Browser. I interpret this as anything but IE.