cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Good VAT Tax payable by the company and not the customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am stuck in this issue and need to resolve for a rolll out project. I have tried some config but it doesn't seems to work.

We have a requirement where we need to create billing document for sample goods.

Now customer accounts should not be posted with any amount but Company needs to pay VAT on the total price.

So no tax should be posted on customers account but only tax should be posted on company's account

To nullify the price, i have used condition type R100 so net price becomes zero but still tax is posted in the customer ledger.

Can anybody please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see SAP Note 102852 - AR:SD: VAT perception and customer exemption as a template. I did something similar for free goods in Spain and it worked.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the note. But could not understand what is it trying to explain.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try either the suggestion of mine or Jignesh which I think, will meet your requirement.  In fact, what I intended to say in my last post was to post the amount to accrual instead of posting directly to customer account.  For this, whatever G/L account you want, you can assign.  It can be different or same and it will not be an issue.  What I would request you is that you try either of these suggestions and update here on the outcome.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried your option, but Since MWST is a tax type it is still posted to the customer account irrespective of account key. though there is no posting for net value.

With respect to Jignesh option,

I have created a copy of MWST as non tax category and carried out the transaction but while releasing the billing document to accounting, it gives following error

"

Item category 02000 is missing (obligatory in accounting transaction 0200/0001)"

As read in varios post, this error occurs as there is no line items to be posted in the customer account as we have discounted everything.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

I think if you tell everybody the Accounting entry at the time of Billing document creation.

Like in normal scenario;

Customer Dr.

Sales Revenue Cr.

What I understand that you want

Company Dr.

VAT G/L  Cr.

If this you want?

Thanks,

Suman

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Can you please let us know what is the expected Accounting Entry from Sample Sales Invoice?

I mean what is Accounting Entry that you are trying to post?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the time of invoicing,

1. There is no account posting to Customer.

2. VAT G/L account shoulnd be Debited.

3. Sales Rev Account should be Credited

4. Discount Account should be Credited

Currently we are get it as

ID60000071Shipping point Semarang950IDR**
410000Sales Domestic9,500-IDRA1
620490Discount9,500IDR
216200VAT Payable950-IDRA1

From this we need to eliminate the Customer (First row)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HElP ANYONE?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure whether you have tried one option.  Set the MWST condition type as statistical so that it wont have any impact in FI.  After the net value, have one more condition type which should fetch the value of MWST and post it to FI.  You can force the system to post to the account you require.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The copy of MWST condition type if it non statistical then the value will be added to the customer account.

If it is non statistical, sap will not post any entries to g/l accounts.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you to try having a new Account Key assigned to tax condition type under "Accruals" in your pricing procedure ?  Also assign a new G/L Account in VKOA under the tab "Provisional account".

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati,

The problem is not of a different G/L account. Basically I don't want to post vat in Customer Ledger but in Company's Ledger.

If i include MWST in the procedure as non statistical then it will always post tax amount to customer ledger which is shown when i view using FBL5N.

Can you help me in this

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Have you tried my solution.

This will solve your issue technically.

If you have any legal issue then you have to talk to your business user.

Thanks,

Suman

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

you might do it directly to FI

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to do it through billing. Is there a process we can post tax on company's account and nothing on customers GL account

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hope you are using seperate Pricing Procedure for Samples.

Now in this Pricing Procedure, mark the VAT Condition as statistical & place R100 (100% Discount) Condition after Gross Price. This will ensure that VAT is not seperately posted & entire Amount (Basic + VAT) is posted to Sales Promotion Account.

Thanks,

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

As in the Billing from SD your Customer (Payer) will always be Debited.As I have understood,you do not want to post any Debit entry at the time Revenue accounting (RV docs).

You can do one thing,if possible, for all these type of scenario create a Customer (Sold to account grp) named as your Company and the Customer to whom you delivering the Sample goods treat as a Ship to party in the Sales document or maintain all these customer as Ship to under your Company customer.

Then as SP,BP,PY will be your Company Customer code so automatically this will be Debited and corresponding VAT & CST will be credited at the time of Billing.

Let me know that this will work or not.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jigneh,

Thanks.

Yes I have defined a separate pricing procedure for samples as below.

100VPRSInternal price 

XB4

ERL
500Y100100% discount10

S
28ERS
600MWSTOutput Tax10

tick

MWS

I created the order and now when i releasing the billing document for Accounting. Following error occurs

"Tax statement item missing for tax code A1"

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Tax statement item missing for tax code A1"

The above error comes when you didn't maintain  Condition Record with Tax Code A1 in VK11 for  MWST Condition Type.

Please Check once again .If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the condition record is maintained.

The error started popping when I maintained MWST as statistical.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Firstly do you need to post the MWST amount to seperate Account? I believe the answer is no. You just need to post the total Invoice value to Sales Promotion Account.

Thus if my above understanding is correct, then insert Y100 Condition after the MWST Condition & do create a copy of MWST Condition & do not mark it as Taxes.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jignesh,

Can you elaborate?

I didn't understand what can we achieve using COPY of MWST as non tax and what should i do to the value of MWST which is getting posted in Customer ledger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jignesh,

Can you help me on this?