Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to SP 6 with SOL MAN 7.1

former_member196171
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

At the extraction phase of the SUM I am getting following error

Severe error(s) occured in phase PREP_INPUT/KX_CPYORG!

Last error code set: Failed to copy 15 files, check 'KX_CPYORG.LOG' for details

Detail log is attached , please help

Thanks

Al Mamun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Al Mamun

Based on the attachment, I can see the error is happening in the PREP phase while copying the current files from the directory '/usr/sap/AL1/SYS/exe/run' to '/usr/sap/AL1/SUM/abap/exe'. i.e copying the current kernel files into the SUM folder for backup.

As the system is up and running in the PREP phase, the files would be in execution and cannot be copied. You can verify this using the below command:

genld -l | grep libicui18n40.a     or any other library file error in the attachment

To resolve the issue, please implement the sapcpe configuration as per the note "Note 1649026 - SAP JVM Switch tool: Configuring Replication using sapcpe" which would replicate the kernel files correctly in all the locations and also update the permissions of the file sapuxuserchk to 755 in your kernel directory.

This will change your kernel from /usr/sap/AL1/SYS/exe/run to /usr/sap/AL1/<instance>/exe and SUM would be able to copy the files from /usr/sap/AL1/SYS/exe/run without any issue.

Please let me know the status once you apply.

former_member196171
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply

I have tried with your recommendation, but it was same as before.

I like to share with you and forum that I have overcome above problem  after I deleted the SUM directory and created new one,

Thanks

Al Mamun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure this is the right log file?

Because this file refers to KX_CPYORG.LOG for details.

And not a lot to go with to be found in this file...

Regards,

David