cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FD32 Text Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I tried to see how I will be able to lock the FD32 texts on the status page. When I go to the text page and go to menu Text, I see the "Unlock" as greyed out. However, I dont see the Lock anywhere. Could anyone guide me how to find the "Lock" function or how to lock the texts so that no one else can change the texts once it is saved.

Thank you,

Nathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visman ,

Then check for user exit related to credit management.

Check the following thread

https://scn.sap.com/message/7602959

I think as per your requirement, text can only be maintained and it cannot be edited later. Please check with the business regarding it.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visman ,

I am not sure whether we can meet the requirement using standard SAP Functionality. Waiting for the inputs from the forum friends.

On business context , can you explain why the user wants this functionality? If multiple people got access to it, then try to achieve using Authorization so that only few users can have access to FD32.

Regards

Vinu.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

Thank you for your input. Authorization approach is good but it can only limit the number of users, however n number of users still need the access due to the volume of business. And the access control is already in place. But with in the number of users stipulated to perform credit control related activities, loss of input data is an issue and hence the requirement.

Nathan

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi visman,

you can set the lock in T.code- OBT3Z ,OBT3. Uncheck the Box ''Relevant Text'' .This will not allow any entry of text in FD32.but remember this is Cross-Client.

siva vasireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying and sorry I could not reply earlier.

Mr. PPIO, Users are complaining that the texts they enter and save are being changed or deleted somehow. So, its natural for them to ponder this idea, however, I could not see a way to do it.

Siva, I should have made my initial post clearer - I only want the texts thats already entered to be locked. I don't want the function to be locked completely. Users still need to keep on entering the texts and keep on saving and locking the texts they entered, so that others cannot modify/delete it. I am pondering the possibility.

Nathan

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

why do you think you would "lock"  those texts ?

i can't see such option here...

regards,