Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duet Enterprise Workflow Configs : Backend -> SCL WorkItem Publishing

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the Workflow Feature in DUET Enterprise and now in the backend system I :

i) Trigger a Workflow

ii) Execute RSWSNEL with OSP_DELTA

iii) Execute S_OSP_WF_ITEM_SELECTION

Then, I go to slg1 transaction to ceck the results and I am getting Logs of both the above reports in Green but:

Logs of 2nd Report say "No unread WorkItem Notification"

This means 2nd report did not read the WorkItems/Notifications saved by the first report but when I execute the first report it says "1 New notifications saved"

Some how S_OSP_WF_ITEM_SELECTION is not picking up the notifications saved by RSWSNEL

Any Hint?

PS: The counter in "Workflow Pattern Customization" for both Standard I/B and O/B handlers is set to "1"

Regards,

Saumil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

avishek_gorai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saumil,

Please check the SOAMANAGER logs of your backend system, if there are any authorization errors for any Web Service call related to task. What usually happens is an authorization check is done by backend system with the Duet Enterprsie system for valid receiver. If this fails the task is not delivered.

Also the autorization entry in duet enterprise sytem is granted from SharePoint. So first you have to grant access to a particular task to a user in SharePoint, this makes an entry in Duet enterprise which is checked at runtime by backend SAP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Avishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumil,

unfortunately logging for workflow in the backend system is not ideal.

Can you verify

- do you see any entries on the Gateway system logs?

- that the logical ports and RFC destinations for Workflow in the backend system are working (just
do a connection test with the path prefix from your logical ports) [see 4. No
Workflow / Reports reach SharePoint. & 5. No Workflow / Reports reach the
SCL from the backend system in the troubleshooting guide]

- that you have configured the workflow in SharePoint and have already subscribed some users
from the SharePoint Workflow configuration site ("Grant user access to workflow")?

Regards,

Holger.

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

Regarding your comments:

- do you see any entries on the Gateway system?

1. Nops. Nothing

- that the logical ports and RFC destinations for Workflow in the backend system are working (just do a connection test with the path prefix from your logical ports) [see 4. No Workflow / Reports reach SharePoint. & 5. No Workflow / Reports reach the SCL from the backend system in the troubleshooting guide]

Yes They do work with path prefix,

I am using User Names and Passwords (of course with Assertion checkbox checked) in RFC from Backend to gateway (HTTP Connection to ABAP System)

RFC Destination works fine with Path Prefix of the Service maintained in Gateway (which is the same in LP Configs in the backend)

- that you have configured the workflow in SharePoint and have already subscribed some users from SharePoint

This might be a problem. I will check and respond in the same thread..but again, no logs on Gateway

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Update on this:

User Subscriptions are already mantained in the Table IWTNG/D_USR_SUB. So the Users are given Permissions from SP Side Already!

Now, One Problem here is that Type H RFC Destination from Gateway to Backed is Set on Basic Authentication with UID/PwD. This must be changed to "SAP RFC Logon" with "Assertion" ON.

Coz, the Service on Gateway which is being called via this RFC is Assertion only. So may be an Authentication Mechanism Missmatch. Now I will correct it and post the Results!

Regards,

Saumil Jyotishi

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

More Updates:

Changed the Type H RFC Destination in the backend System to "SAP RFC Logon" with "Current User" and "Assertion".

But still no change

When I execute  S_OSP_WF_ITEM_SELECTION, I still get "No unread WorkItem Notification"

Anything else should I check?

Regards,

Saumil Jyotishi

Answers (0)