Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Allocation Percentage in Variant Routing for a configurable product

former_member713803
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have problem in calculating operation time/cost for individual product since these operations are run together for many products at once. Hence the machine, labor and setup time we know is for the entire run and not restricted to one particular product. How can we capture the allocated value for just 1 product in routing?

The situation i have is explained here in detail. My client has printing business where in many orders with different products (business cards, posters,etc.)  are combined and processed in 1 single run. So in simple words 1 large sheet will have ticket, posters, etc.

Area of Sheet = 1008 sq. inches

Area of a Business card = 4 x 3.5 = 14

Allocation % of Business card = 14/1008 = 1.4%

This means that Business card takes up 1.4% of the entire sheet. So all the costs/time incurred for the whole operation if multiplied with this 1.4% will give me the proportionate value for Business card alone.

The initial operations are combined and performed and only in the later stage each individual product is cut out from the sheet. The products are configurable and its a MTO process. Hence Super BOM and Routing is used. Area of Business card is captured in Characteristics assigned to the material.

Please help me by giving your valuable inputs / solutions on capturing and applying these in routing. I have attached the screen shot of sample routing. You can see extra fields apart from setup, machine and labor (these 3 are for the entire operation- not only for a single product) where i would like to capture the allocated time for 1 product.

PS: This is my first post on SDN. I hope for a flood of responses

Regards,

Jomin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jomin,

I found similar thread before http://scn.sap.com/thread/3251692, but still as you have posted thread please go through below solution and try.

Allocation % itself is the activity or you want to multiply this % with timing?

Can you try something like below said, ma be helpful

Create characteristic:

1. Reference characteristic: ACT : with PLPOD - VGW01 (say 1 activity) call this in header material class

2. Length: L

3.Breadth: B

4.Komori area : KA use this as input value.

5. Area

6. Allocation % - ALLOC

Set below codes

$Self.Area = ($Self.L * $Self.B) which is product area Call this procedure in confg profile

$SELF.ALLOC = ($root.area / KA (input value)) X 100 = 0.014

then write a procedure like

$SELF.ACT = $ROOT.ALLOC assign this procedure to the activity in routing to change the timing

Aditya, i have tested these codes and they are really working as per calculation and helps to change the timings in routing. Check it can be achievable.

former_member713803
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sharat,

Thank you for the reply. I tried a similar solution.

Instead of bringing in the allocated values in the new fields in routing, i brought it into the original fields of Setup,machine and labor by defining characteristics with PLPOD-VGW01/02/03 and using the same in dependencies.

$SELF.ALLOCATIONAREA = ( LENGTH * BREADTH ) / $SELF.KOMORIAREA

$SELF.NEW_MACHINE = MDATA $SELF.MACHINE * $SELF.ALLOCATIONAREA

Similar is done for setup and labor.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jomin,

Nice. Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

Sharat

former_member713803
Discoverer