Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Planning Logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Saw a strange issue.

I succesfuly deleted the Production planning run logs with /SAPAPO/RRPLOG2 for a specific day but when I go to Display logs (/SAPAPO/RRPLOG1) for that day -- Logs are still there.

Thinking that it might still exist in the database -- I come back to /SAPAPO/RRPLOG2 and try to delete it again for that day -- but I get a message that --  No Logs exist.

I have checked the settings while running these 2 Tcodes-- several times and they are exactly same -- so -- ideally -- if logs are deleted then they should not be there anymore...... Has anyone encountered such issue ,,,,, if yes --pls suggest the remedy.

Appreciate some help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Just to add a bit of Explanation here : my doubt is -- Do I need to delete logs from SBAL_DELETE report also after deleting from  /SAPAPO/RRPLOG2 so that they are no longer visible in (/SAPAPO/RRPLOG1)?

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably, the following SAP note might be helpful to you.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1052331

Per SAP Note - PP/DS Application sets indicator DEL_BEFORE in table BALHDR for certain logs with current design, and these logs cannot be deleted with the above reports. DEL_BEFORE indicates "Keep log until expiry", because  of this even if option "and Logs which can be deleted before the expiry  date" chosen in SBAL_DELETE report, these log entries wont be deleted.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh -- I checked this note before raising this issue....

This note only gives fix for SBAL_Delete but not for RRPLOG2 .

My question is -- do we really have to run a series --  RRPLOG2 and then SBAL_delete just to delete some logs ? Sounds a bit unusual...

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would prefer to use the Z_SBAL_DELETE as explained the specified SAP note with the following options:

Object: APO

Subobject: PPDS

This would be same as executing t.code /SAPAPO/RRPLOG2 and delete all the entries as expected.

I too agree with you and wish SAP could correct or enhance /SAPAPO/RRPLOG2 so as to avoid the confusion.

Thanks,
Rajesh