cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark read in "Alert Inbox"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it always necessary do this step in alert Inbox to mark it is read, to receive next alert email?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit and Aaron for the answers. i think i will have "suppress multiple alerts" checked and mark it as complete.  thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you click on the RWB link generated in the email it should take you to the specific payload and audit trail of the file which is failing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, in our environment we leave suppress multiple turned off. We get only 1 alert per failed message regardless of the number of retries, and then an escalation email a few hours later. You can probably adjust these settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

If you are using the "suppress multiple" option then its true you need to complete an alert in RWB before another of that type can get raised.

Here is a tip, if you turn off that option you can quickly clear a large number of old alerts using the transaction ALRTDISP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah; good catch Amit and Aaron.  Thanks.

i have this interface run everyday with one input file. what if yesterday's file failed, and also today's file;

in this case i want just two alerts to be generated.

how do i do this?

If i uncheck the "suppress multiple alerts" checkbox  then; it keeps sending out emails, until the issue is resolved, without clear picture, if the error is for today's or yesterdays. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>in this case i want just two alerts to be generated.

AFAIK, this is not possible for the same kind of errors, but if you have proper SLA define in ur landscape then it should not be a problem.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry not read; i meant complete.

but in Dev and QA; until i mark it as complete; it never sends out next alert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u r using "suppress multiple alerts" checkbox??

In that case it will work in the same manner.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava