Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment with Invoicing Plan

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query regarding commitment update and reduction with invocing plan.

Assume I have a PO with value $ 1000 and invocing plan(Partial) as follows:

01/09 - $100

01/10 - $ 200

01/11 - $ 300

01/12 - $400

This PO is GR non valuated. That means no accounting document at the time of GR and when we will do MIRO it will start reducing commitment.

Assume I am creating an invoice and manually changed it to $110 on 15/10.

Then system is reducing commitment for first two line items because invoice amount is execeeded the amount planned in first line item.

Therefore, resulted commitment is now $700. Where as I was expecting commitment as $890.

However, system shows only first line item as completely processed in invocing plan and second is still "Not yet processed".

Please confirm if this is standard behaviour or am I missing some settings somewhere in the system.

Thanks & regards,

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

I don't think there is missing setting. The reason for this is the fact that the invoicing plan is only a very
limited 'copy' of the SD billing plan, so it offers the user a LIMITED functional content only. Basically, an invoicing plan is a 'spreadsheet' which helps the system to AUTOMATICALLY create certain  commitments which are then getting reduced by the subsequent invoice postings.

The crucial point here is the fact that the release strategy determination is ALWAYS being performed based on the NETPR value on ITEM level, so the system only checks this one number, without
taking into account what may be behind.

I hope this is helpful to explain this functinality.

Regards, Gordon