cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

I have a requirement where i have to fail the Interface at mapping level when Line item numbers are missing from source side. the interface is Idoc to File.

I know that i could easily do it using graphical mapping but there is other requirement to be fulfilled.

The Line item number in the source side is E1EDP02/ZEILE (when QUAL="001")

The requirement is if E1EDP19-IDTNR = "FREIGHT CHARGES" (when QUAL="002"), then the E1EDP02-ZEILE (when QUAL="001") is not required and should not cause an error.

The complexity in the above requirement is usually there will be more than five E1EDP02/ZEILE (when QUAL="001") and E1EDP19-IDTNR = (when QUAL="002")coming from the source side.

The interface should not fail only when  E1EDP19-IDTNR = "FREIGHT CHARGES" (when QUAL="002"). and it should fail when ever E1EDP19-IDTNR is not equal to "FREIGHT CHARGES" (when QUAL="002") and  E1EDP02-ZEILE (when QUAL="001") does not exist.

can any one please tell me how i can acomplish this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do this validation logic in IDoc level it self before creating an IDoc

or

Write a condition in Receiver determination using XPath expression and write a same logic in PI mapping level using stanbdard Boolen functions. It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any other way other than Xpath expression.

Regards

Deepthi

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can try using enhanced receiver determiantion concept but i would prefer using XPath condition check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every on

Can any one tell me how i can achive the above requirement in the mapping level.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

You could throw an exception at Message Mapping level when your requeriments are not fulfilled. Check  Alessandro Guarneri's blog or Michal Krawczyk's blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2007/04/26/xipi-throwing-generic-exceptions-... for this purpose.

From my point of view you should follow Raja's solution, it is more elegant and more standard.

Regards.