Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filename in Content repository with - Original file name

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

Q-1: Our users would like to have Unique filename description in storage path specified for Content repository & the 'Original' file uploaded. Currently, the display of Filename in Storage location is - SAP Username followed by the #of time the user opens the file in CV02/CV03N. Is this possible.

Q-2: In addition, is it the normal behavior the file displays multiple times with # - Ex: XXXX_01, XXXX_02, XXXX_03 etc. XXXX (Username) with the NUMBER representing the # of times the file is opened by the user. Please advise.

-Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one proposal would be to set the flag 'You cannot rename temporary.....' in transaction DC30 for the affected workstation application. With this setting the origin filename should be used for creating the local copies.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

It works. Thanks a lot!.

-Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I didn't get like how to set the flag.

Can you please tell the same in brief.

Regards

Amulya

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amulya,

as I tried to explain above this flag can be set in transaction DC30 for each workstation application. So just open transaction DC30 choose your workstation application and double click on it. On the next screen you will find the flag "You cannot rename......".

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SDN SAP,

This requirement can't be fulfilled in standard SAP DMS.

Even development looks quite complex to meet this requirement. Please discuss with your ABAP team and also post it in ABAP forum.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Amaresh,

Thank you for your response. Spoke with the ABAP team here & they were asking if there's any userexit available for this. I don't think there is any userexit to satisfy this requirement.

Closing this issue.

-Thanks