cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Enabled Moules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

which modules are web-enabled. Is reporting also web enabled?

I want some documentation related to this topic .

Thanks,

Saritha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

modules of ERP 2005 are web enabled.....WAS

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Web Application Server (SAP Web AS), together with SAP Enterprise Portal and SAP Exchange Infrastructure, is one of the central modules of SAP NetWeaver. SAP Web Application Server is the scalable and reliable component platform for the development and operation of J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition) and ABAP-based web applications and web services. It offers proven scalability and performance, but also supports native web technologies and open standards such as HTTP, XML or J2EE. SAP Web Application Server provides both ABAP and J2EE environments in a shared, integrated infrastructure. <b>It is thus the SAP infrastructure for both new and existing application components, and serves also as a basis for SAP R/3 Enterprise (now: mySAP Enterprise Resource Planning), for example.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also this shud be informative:

In 46c, the basis layer was called just that, BASIS. In 4.7, BASIS was renamed to the SAP Web Application Server 6.20, which is really the same as BASIS, just that it had a lot of changes in between the too. SAP added the internet communication stuff as well as BSPs, this is just one example. Then came the SAP WebAs 6.40 which runs under ECC5.0, and now there is the SAP Netweaver Application Sever(Version 7.0) which runs under ECC 6.0. So, between 46c and 4.7, there was a clear jump in functionality on the technology layer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u so much.

I want which modules are web enabled .Is reporting also enabled.

Plz give me some meterial.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi saritha

currently i dont have any docuemntum on these but yes reporting is also enabled.