cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI source adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

By requirements of my interface, I need to start from the PI process every X minutes.

It is necessary to develop an adapter?, How would it be?

Thanks and regards,

Silvia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

R3 all systems must be released at once.

R3 systems have different hours, so that the launch is simultaneous've thought it from PI

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

If your idea is to mix the RFC data in PI to construct one file, you should use a BPM in PI that it will wait for the three RFC calls.

Another via, you could do a job in the abap engine of PI, and this job call via CALL FUNCTION DESTINATION... to the three systems, and in the endpoints these functions call to the RFCs which are the sender RFCs  in PI.

As Raj mentioned you could start/stop a channel from an abap program http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/05/24/startstop-a-communication-channel...

You could throw this abap program in a job.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have three  RFCs and triggering via job at different times or simiilar time, you need bpm to achieve this. Create Collection pattern for this. Refer SAP BASIS swcv in the ESR for understanding this.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you alreasy using adapter(eg: File, JDBC..) then you can configure adapter to poll every X minutes(not all adapters support this).

search in SCN for Availability time planing also.

What is your requirement and scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

My scenario is RFC to File.

Need to call three RFCs of different systems at once, so I think that the process should be initiated PI

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

If u r scenario is RFC to File then messages has to be initiated by your R/3 system.

The connection is always active when ever R/3 triggers a message then it will reach to PI.

Maintain periodic jobs in all the three systems at same time.

Regards,

Pradeep A.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

RFC will be initiated from SAP R/3 System you can handle it in your R/3 System.

Regards,

Naveen.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask your ABAP team to schedule jobs as per your requirement.