Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Breaks on subnodes/item level

wouter_peeters
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have a requirement for a new Adobe Form, which has a header table and an item table. We have to print multiple documents in 1 printout.

Our Adobe Form context layout is as follows:

- Context node for the Header (1 record for each document)

- Subnode with the item information ( WHERE conditions are set to the specific document key, so we only have the relevant items of the document in the loop )

We have added a Pagination -> Conditional Break based on the header table key, to trigger a new page break for each document.

But we have a 2nd requirement where we need to trigger a 2nd conditional break based on an item partner difference.

This means we would have to add a conditional break, on the subnode which contains all the item information.

In Adobe Forms, according to our finds, it does not seem possible to trigger a condition break in a subnode/item table, is this correct?

Is it nescecary to bring all the conditional break fields to the header table?

The requirement wants this layout:

- Document 1

- ITEM PARTNER A

- Item 1 partner A

- Item 2 partner A

( TRIGGER ANOTHER BREAK for new Item Partner display ) <- The issue

- ITEM PARTNER B

- Item 3 partner B

( PAGE BREAK TRIGGERED ) <- OK

- Document 2

We were wondering what the most proper/clean/best practice way is, to achieve this requirement.

( without having to duplicate records on the header table, by means of moving the required field from the item table to the header table )

Thx

Kind regards,

Wouter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

Once try the approach given in the below link, if it suits your requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3702677

Regards,

Satish

manusnghl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Wouter,

I have same issue I have to do page break based on sub node. Did you able to solve it ? Or did you find any alternative for this ?

Please let me know .

Regards,

Manu

wouter_peeters
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

It seems that it is not possible. I believe we accomplished the requirement by duplicating the records. 

Regards,

Wouter

manusnghl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

Thanks for your response yes its not possible to achive this in nested table. I achieved my output using below logic by duplicating records and using Java script..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3702677

Regards,

Manu